Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Hola Senoritas!

Alrighty, I've just GOT to post something. I didn't have a chance tonight and I'm getting withdrawls so I'll post a bunch of mumbo jumbo while I get ready for work.

1) Trip was AMAZING! I've got to shrink a lot of my pics to post so they're not ginormous sized, but the trip was SO incredible! Of course I didn't want to go back. 1 week just isn't enough. 10 days could be perfect, but there aren't a lot of 10 day vacations. Oh well - I'll take what I can get.

2) I have NO idea about my weight situation. I ate moderately... which in other words means I had a steady schedule: Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner. At home I have still been missing out on many meals which wasn't good. My WI day was the Friday before I left, but busy me forgot to step on the scale. So now I have no clue what I really gained on the trip. Oh well. I'll chalk it up to a *maintain* for now... at least until I step on the scale hahaha.

3) On the Thursday that I was there (I left Saturday evening) I got a KILLER burn. Stupid thing is.... it WASN'T a sunburn... We were taking photos in a lobby of our building which had cool fountain sculptures. The cement platform had little potlights on it and I leaned up against it and got a MASSIVE burn. (2nd degree). My body went into total shock. The pain was not bearable. I ice packed & polysporined it, and bandaged it up, so it didnt ruin my last few days there... i just couldn't go into the salt water... OUCH! I'll talk more about it, and I actually have a photo of the burn in action, so you can see what I mean. (posting it later, no time right now) The "best" part about this burn.... I got it RIGHT on my ass. So essentially I've been branded by EdenH resort in Punta Cana... (I got very lucky though.. if you think of how you sit normally, the burn came VERY close to what my mom likes to call '' my lady parts'') yikes!

4) Still no word about the job. When I went to the interview they DID say it could take 2 weeks to hear anything because they were still doing interviews (2 weeks would be today) so we'll see. I'm still with the mindset that no news is good news, but I'm going crazy! Each time my blackberry gets an email I'm freaking out inside hoping its news, but usually its just junk mail .. oh boy.

5) ummm ummm ummm.. hmmmm can't think of anything else right now that'd be blog worthy.

I have SO MUCH reading to catch up on, so I'll start as I get ready for work (I put my face on at the computer hahahah).

Hope everyone's been doing well!!

xo

6 comments:

Jen on April 30, 2008 at 11:49 a.m. said...

I am so glad that you are back to posting!!! I was missing reading your blog!!!

That sounds brutal about the burn!!! EEK!!! And good thing you didn't get the "lady parts" I can't even imagine how painful that would be!!!

I am still keeping my fingers crossed about your interview...I hope you at least hear back from them soon!

Cat on April 30, 2008 at 12:34 p.m. said...

Eeek! That burn sounds nasty....Poor girl! At least you'll always have a reminder of this trip!!

I can't wait to see your pics! How was the resort, 'cause we're planning on going in jan, and I still don't know where we're staying....

Erin on April 30, 2008 at 12:55 p.m. said...

As if your burnt your bum! That is brutal, poor you - they should not have a light that is that hot there! Poor you, but glad that it didn't wreck your trip!

Jenn on April 30, 2008 at 1:01 p.m. said...

I'm glad that you had a good time!!!
That burn sounds terrible! I hope that it heals quickly.
I want to see pics!!!!!!! :)
I hope you hear something soon about the interview. Suspense sucks.

eurydice on April 30, 2008 at 3:48 p.m. said...

the burn! i feel for you!!! i can't wait to see some photos from the trip.

healthy ashley on April 30, 2008 at 9:10 p.m. said...

I'm glad you're back! I can't wait to see pictures. And the burn.. ahh!