Sunday, September 13, 2009

Where does the time go?

holy cannoli – what a crazy week or so it’s been!! It feels like we’ve been on the go-go-go with no time to sit and chill!

I’ll be honest – I’m WAY out of whack with WW.  I haven’t tracked in a week and haven’t WI in about the same.  I hate to say it – but I just haven’t been as organized as I’d like to have been so my food tracking had taken a hit.  Arg.

Sooooooooooo – in more EXCITING news, I finally got my new car!

oooh, ahhh!

IMG00012-20090910-1825

We picked it up Thursday and I didn’t drive it until Friday night.  Dave’s SIL took me out around her neighborhood and we did a lot of practice with stopping & going since my biggest issue is just MOVING while in first.  Either I stall or rev really high.  I’d rather just rev & squeal than stall so it’s going to be a work in progress.

Today Dave & I took the car over to Dartmouth and while we were on Magazine hill the skies opened WAY up and the rain started to POUR!

This made for a panic attack for me since driving in the rain is yet another one of my anxiety triggers! LOL.  I managed through the rain, but as we took a ramp onto one of the freeways and I was shifting away I shifted into 5TH instead of 3RD (2nd time doing that) then I must have still had the clutch in while I gassed cuz Sophie was revving like crazy – some big SUV was RIGHT behind me and I freaked out again! Dave was thankfully so calm with me and just told me to step off the clutch and press the gas since I was in 3rd.  Then things were fine.

But, needless to say, I got Dave to drive back over to Halifax when we were finished in Dartmouth.

Sheesh!

The good news is that I feel slightly more semi-comfortable driving from home to work, and back – so for the 2 weeks while Dave is away I can AT LEAST do that route! (and the forecast for this week doesn’t really call for rain, so I’m golden!)

In other news, my SIL and my cake business is slowly getting off to a great start.  This Saturday we made two cakes.  One for our cousin’s baby’s first birthday; the other for a baby shower.  I am just waiting on pics to be sent to me from SIL since I forgot my camera at home!  I will be honest, ladies – they are FREAKING AWESOME!

Later last night we headed out to a BBQ party her neighborhood was having and scored another cake sale!  Plus, there is a 30th birthday and even ANOTHER cake we have to make.  She’s doing awesome with the word of mouth and we’re getting a fair amount of business!

We are still deciding on a name for our cake decorating business (jeepers this is the hardest part!) We have a few ideas floating around but nothing concrete.  We wanted to use the letters of our first names (C and A (or even L for Lex) but we couldn’t think of anything really catchy other than boring obvious names like ‘Amazing Cakes’.

Ideas anyone??

As soon as we can get a name for ourselves, I can quickly start to work on a blog to get our portfolio out there, as well as some business cards.

This is so fun and so exciting to do it with her.  We really do work well together and we definitely play on one another’s strengths and weaknesses.

5 comments:

Jennifer on September 13, 2009 at 4:58 p.m. said...

I love that car!

sarah on September 13, 2009 at 6:11 p.m. said...

Congrats on the new car!!

That is so exciting that you are going to have your own cake business!! I always wanted to do that but don't have the patience for it. Ha!!

Unknown on September 13, 2009 at 6:55 p.m. said...

just be patient with the driving. I promise you that it will come to you soon. I remember when I was learning, I actually started thinking that maybe I wasn't 'meant' to drive standard, because I pretty much couldn't start at any light without stalling....but honestly, one day, you'll just realize that you didn't stall once, and it will get easier every day. I wouldn't even buy an automatic now....

Have fun with it gorgeous!

farm girl. on September 13, 2009 at 9:06 p.m. said...

WHEEE~!! What a great new car! You'll get the hang of it in no time...I never did, but does it count that i have driven tractors?

Little J's cake was soooo good. Big J ate ALL the leftovers on me.

Jen on September 14, 2009 at 1:43 p.m. said...

WOW!!!! What an exciting time girl!!!!

I can't wait to see pics of your new cakes and your new wheels are HOT HOT HOT!!!

I am sure you will learn quickly with the new car!!!