Thursday, October 15, 2009

Lynn – you are a genius!!

Brr – It sure has gotten colder here in the past few days!! This morning was so bright and sunny so I just wore my cardicoat but on the drive in to work I saw many people bundled up outside and was worried I wouldn’t be warm enough.  It was chilly but I made it! :)

I can’t remember the last time we went grocery shopping.  Our fridge and cupboards are bare bones!  Yesterday I made some spaghetti & meat sauce with some lean ground beef that’s been in the freezer for a while, which made for a yummy lunch today.  I had no idea what I wanted to eat for supper today so I browsed through Lynn’s food blog for some inspiration since she *always* has such delicious looking eats!  She Tweeted me the suggestion to make Cauliflower Soup.  What a WONDERFUL idea!!

It was so hearty and delicious!  We had it with rolls but I think next time we’ll eat it with Naan. mmmm.  I loved the recipe but I feel it’s missing one thing that I can’t pinpoint.  It was so good but just needed something!

Sauteeing some onions… Let me tell you… this is probably one of my favorite smells in the WORLD!  Reminds me of when my grandmother made perogies… butter & cooked onions would always be drizzled on top.. Mmmmmmmmmm

Cauliflour soup 003

Roasting some cauliflower:

Cauliflour soup 004

Next up some yummy medium spiced (ahem, I am a spice wuss) curry powder to mix with the onions:

Cauliflour soup 006

Chicken broth + water + onions + cauliflower set to boil

Cauliflour soup 007

After it boiled I blended it all up then served in our un-trendy, un-cool bowls.  (We REALLY need more hip and cool dishware!)  I drizzled what remaining honey we had in the house, and topped it with some roasted yellow peppers.  (We heart peppers in this household!)

            Cauliflour soup 009 Cauliflour soup 008

DELISH!!

7 comments:

Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) on October 15, 2009 at 8:34 p.m. said...

That looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

You and Lynn have totally inspired me to make this this weekend! I'll keep in mind that it needs something else . . . a bit of cream? Cinnamon? Tomatoes?

Amy on October 15, 2009 at 9:43 p.m. said...

Have you seeeen my dishes? I either eat off Tupperware or hand me down Corel dishes from the 70s.

Your's are WAY trendier!

Angela Power on October 15, 2009 at 10:01 p.m. said...

I saw that tweet and thought "MMMMMMMMM"!!!

AWESOME POST lady! Beautiful pics!

I'm totally jonesin' for some curried soup!

Anonymous said...

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I am totally going to make this on the weekend as well - and I am stealing Tash's suggestion to have cinnamon and cream on hand as well!!!!

Anonymous said...

Mmm, love it and its healthy and yummy. Cream or plain yogourt would go well I think.

I am SO trying naan next time, sounds great!

Carolyn on October 18, 2009 at 9:27 p.m. said...

Wow That looks like it's from a restaurant!!! YUMM! Perfect for a cold fall day. I want to try it!!