Friday, October 23, 2009

Salsa, salsa where are you?

Soo… I’m still sick.

Boo.

I tell you, I am not a good sickly person… very whiny and grumpy.  Dave has been such a good sport putting up with me and my shenanigans.  He’s been great with tidying up, running to the store to pick up a hot water bottle – running back to the store when he’d forgotten my hot water bottle!  ;)

I’m not sure what the heck kind of bug I got – it felt flu-ish though.  Monday & Tuesday I was so achy right down to my bone.  I wasn’t coughing or sneezing but I did have a tickle in my throat.  Overall I felt like I was literally 95 years old and had the energy of a turtle.  Wednesday and today is when I started my coughing and sneezing though!  Although I still feel like crap, I needed to go back to work.  Thankfully I just had to sit at my desk for the past few days so I was able to sit down and work away.

We’re suppose to go on our first Halibloggers run tomorrow however I am still not feeling up to par and I don’t think my lungs could take it.  Plus, Dave is going to be travelling for work for a few weeks starting Monday so I’d like to spend some time with him.  (awww!)

Yesterday for dinner I baked up some of Amy’s twice baked sweet potatoes, along with some chicken and veg.  No pictures, but damn it was delish!

As I’d mentioned, peppers are a staple in our house however they were starting to look a little dull so we needed to use them up.  We had beef fajitas for dinner (one of our fav dishes!) 

We sautéed up some beef in some EVOO then added some onions.  Added some Epicure Fajita mix:

10-22-09 002

Then threw in some red, orange and yellow peppers.  mmmm it smells SO delicious at this point!

10-22-09 004

On the side I threw together a little spinach salad:

- organic Canadian spinach

- chopped red onion

- chopped cucumbers

- some laughing cow cheese

- some pomegranate seeds

- topped with Kraft Balsamic Vinaigrette

10-22-09 005

It was a delicious meal but we missed out on one key ingredient in the fajitas….

Salsa!

Our salsa in the fridge had gone bad (cries) so we had to eat it sauce-less.  The Epicure Fajita flavor did turn into the savior and despite the lack of salsa the beef fajitas were delish!

10-22-09 006

4 comments:

Jessie on October 23, 2009 at 10:25 a.m. said...

Could you please mail me one of those burritos this morning, that looks so delicious. Mmm. Hope you feel better woman!

Jen on October 23, 2009 at 12:33 p.m. said...

Sadly, I have that Epicure seasoning and I have NEVER USED IT!!! I think I will be putting fajitas on the menu for next week!!!

How long is Dave gone for??? I saw on twitter that he was going away :(
Now I will make sure not to complain to you or Jaime next week when Danny is gone for 2 nights (yes, I am a wuss).

Feel better beautiful!!!!

Angela Power on October 23, 2009 at 3:39 p.m. said...

Oh YUM! No salsa needed it looks like!

Darlin I hope you are feeling better! Sounds like the flu :-(

Carolyn on October 24, 2009 at 3:40 p.m. said...

Aww sorry you aren't feeling great! Boo, get better!

I love love love Epicure! I use the fajita seasoning a lot. Yumm!