Monday, January 11, 2010

Forgetful gymbo-ers

Ever have one of those nights where no matter what you do, you just can’t fall asleep?   I am sure everyone has at some point.  Well, that was me last night.  I went to bed early (for me) around 11pm.  I took the laptop in with me so I could fall asleep to some trash reality TV:  Jersey Shore.  For some reason whenever Dave leaves, I like to fall asleep to trash TV. 

So I watched episode 5.

Then Episode 6. 

And I was still wide awake!  I tossed & turned but just couldn’t get to sleep.  I blame it on Dave not being there!  He is a furnace and I swear his heat just makes me drowsy! aha! 

So of course this morning was rough.  The day was rough.  But I did make it through!

For dinner tonight I decided on a quick meal – breakfast for supper.  I fried up some hashbrowns and had some egg whites with orange peppers.  mmmm.  So quick and easy and for some reason it’s my go-to meal whenever Dave leaves. 

At the gymbo tonight I did another 4km on the dreadmill.  The run today was more difficult than the last time but farmgirl and I pushed through!  At one interval instead of running for 2 mins, we walked at 3.5 with a  incline of 7 for me, and 9 for her.  I really have to do more incline run/walks.  Frig was it a workout!!

Farmgirl and I have had some interesting times at the gym.  When we went on Saturday I did not come prepared and went to the gym in my jeans but forgot my workout pants, and she forgot her mp3 player.  Thankfully she lives like 2mins away from the gym so we ran back and picked up said pants & mp3 player. 

Tonight when we went she forgot HER workout pants and I forgot my heart rate monitor.  Her pants were workoutable (new word?) as they were polar fleece and I didn’t really need the monitor so we decided to just get the run over with. 

Note to selves: Plan & pack your gym clothes the night before!!

That poor girl got so heated in her fleece pants! LOL  She rolled them up to her knees and was running like a goofball at one point to make sure her pants didnt’ roll down and I almost fell off the treadmill and/or peed my pants laughing!

It is so much fun having her as a dreadmill buddy!

Tomorrow is our weekly Zumba session!  I am happy to announce that Jen attended her first Zumba session tonight and LOVED it!  I’ll leave the rest up to her to blog about!  For real – I think everyone should give Zumba at least one try!  Either you like it or you don’t but if you do, you’ll have SO MUCH FUN!

Gnight my loves!

4 comments:

Tiff on January 12, 2010 at 10:05 a.m. said...

As trashy and mind-numbing as it is- you gotta love reality tv :)

Good job on the 4k!

Tiff
www.project365th.blogspot.com

Casey @SpicyandSweet on January 12, 2010 at 10:49 a.m. said...

Your blog is so cute! :) I just found it. And YES I have those nights...they are awful! I usually just concentrate on really deep breathing and clearing my mind.

Jen on January 12, 2010 at 1:40 p.m. said...

aw - I could totally picture you and Les on the treadmills...I miss you guys so much!!

You are troopers for SURE - I would easily use that as an excuse!!!

I DID blog about Zumba today! It was too exciting to wait!!

Julia on January 12, 2010 at 2:25 p.m. said...

I've had "those nights," not so much lately but I used to get them and migraines together.

Jersey Shore. . . ha. It's like watching a car accident. *fist pump?!*

:)

Julia
http://jewliagoulia.blogspot.com