Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Anyday Magic

Holy moly has it been a long time.

Things have been ridiculously busy for me – and it only continues.  I’d rather not get into any details at the moment so we’ll just carry on and move forward.

I hope to get back into blogging more consistently when time permits.

Anyway, I have a few reviews that are on my plate that I need to blog about very soon!  I have been a terrible blogger.  The lovely ladies at Booty Camp Fitness sent me their new DVD that I have *yet* to try!  SHEESH!  Also, the folks at Serious Serum answered my ingrown hair woes and sent me a bottle of their serum to review.  I will post a review once I use the product more and tell you what I think.  So far their product is fantastic!

As some of you may or may not know, I have a serious calendar fetish.  Months back I was told that the new 2010 Milk Calendar was dropped in one of the daily newspapers – unfortunately I missed the paper that day and made a plea on Twitter to anyone who knew where I could get another copy from.  The lovely Beatrice from the Dairy Farmers of Canada answered my plea and sent me a couple calendars AND a wicked cool apron (which I use all of the time!).  Recently she sent me an email with some new recipes from Anyday magic.  From that website I accessed their other website Dairy Goodness to look for some new dinner recipes.  These recipes are seriously great – they are “normal” recipes that call for ingredients I am likely to have in my house, or at least easily access them at the grocery store. 

Tonight on the menu were the Submarine Pizzas!  These suckers were so good and so easy to make!

2 10-inch (25 cm) submarine buns
1 cup (250 mL) tomato or pizza sauce
1 tomato, chopped
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
(I only had red peppers)
1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped pepperoni (I used sliced jumbo summer sausage from the deli)
1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh oregano (I didn’t have any so this was omitted)

3 button mushrooms, sliced
1 cup (250 mL) grated Canadian Mozzarella cheese
Salt and pepper (Whoops I totally forgot about S&P!)

Instructions

Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C).

Split buns lengthwise and spread with tomato or pizza sauce.  Top with tomato, bell pepper and pepperoni, & mushrooms. Sprinkle with oregano and Canadian Mozzarella cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.  Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese has melted.

As a side dish I made an easy peasy Spinach salad that included:

A handful of spinach

A handful of cherry tomatoes

1 slice Laughing Cow cheese

Canned beets

A sprinkle of dried cranberries.

 

IMG_2860

IMG_2862

 

Dinner was sooo good!  I think tomorrow’s dinner will be Lazy Lasagne in a bowl!  Thanks Beatrice!!

Tonight Dave & I went for a mini run.  I’ll be honest with you – it was brutal.  Our house is on a HUGE hill and we started our venture on the incline.  My poor breathing + cold weather + lack of endurance really played a number on me.  I found it next to impossible to breathe!  I can do the treadmill with only a few problems but today, outside, was rough!  I hope it starts to get better because it’s kind of discouraging!

And I still need to learn how to properly belly breathe! I can do it just fine sitting down, but when I start to run/walk, I cannot breathe deeply through my belly.  Tips anyone?

4 comments:

Angela Power on February 10, 2010 at 11:33 a.m. said...

Happy to see you posting :-)

Thinking of you a lot lately too!

Those are some DELICIOUS looking photos! HOLY!!!!!!!

Jaime on February 10, 2010 at 11:51 a.m. said...

I've been totally missing you and Les! We need to make time for a GTG soon!

If you ever get to the Booty Camp DVD...do the Absolute Abs...the first thing she gets you to do is belly breathing! :)

Jen on February 10, 2010 at 2:05 p.m. said...

Hey gorgeous! I have missed you!!!

I NEED to get some of that Serious Serum - the last time I got an underarm wax, I went to someone new and I had one HELL of a time recovering from it (luckily I didn't go to her for bikini! YOWCH!!!)

So yeah, I needs to try that!!

Um, and I am TOTALLY drooling over your pics!!!!

eatwithyoureyes on February 10, 2010 at 10:30 p.m. said...

Hey Lex,

It is Beatrice...thank you sooo much. That post made my heart so happy : ) You are going to love the Lazy Lasagna...Emily Richards is a genius.

Thanks again!!!