Friday, March 5, 2010

Orlando Baby!

For the past 3 years Dave and I have travelled down south (Cuba 1x, Dominican 2x).  This year we decided not to go on a trip down south for a number of reasons.  For one, it eats up a BIG chunk of my yearly vacation time (5 days out of 15).   That doesn’t leave me with much vacation for the rest of the year which is usually used for me to go back home to visit family, and possibly if family comes to visit me.  Also, we have a few things going on at home which we need to preserve our financials for.

Going home is great but it’s always rush rush rush combined with trying to split my time visiting my family (divorced parents), and friends in such a short amount of time.  Often when I get back I need a vacation from the “vacation.”  That always makes me wish I could have a sit back and do NOTHING vacation!  (I need those every once in a while.)

Yesterday Dave was asked to go to Orlando to attend a Bigass conference that he’s wanted to go to for so long.  He’s super excited about it!  I am slightly envious because yet AGAIN he gets to travel somewhere cool and I get to stay home.  He gets to travel so frequently for work and although he IS working, he still gets the opportunity to check out cool new places which I consider a mini-vacation of sorts.

The conference is April 26-29 so I was thinking of heading down there on the Thursday (29th) and we could spend the weekend together in Orlando since he’ll already be there!  Flights there are actually WAY more reasonable than flying anywhere to and from Canada, plus I wouldn’t need to use too much vacation time (1 or 2 days).  Score! 

I would JUST be missing Angie by a week since she’ll be in Orlando the week before.  What timing, right???

At any rate – this all has me excited!  I’ve never been to Florida before, so you can bet your sweet booties that I’m going to tourist it up by heading to Disney!

YEAH!

3 comments:

Angela Power on March 5, 2010 at 11:00 a.m. said...

That's AWESOME! That's why I was soo excited about our vacation because we couldn't BELIEVE how affordable everything was, not being an all-inclusive!

It's too bad we'll miss each other, but I'll have the low down on where I went and what is a must see/do in your few short days if you're not sure :-)

Anonymous said...

So exciting!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh lucky girl! You're going to have a fab getaway. :) Can't wait to see the pics.