Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Two Thousand Gr-Eight?


I sure hope so!


2007 had it's fair share of ups and downs for me, but all of it was worth it. Some of our highlights include me visiting home, us going on our first trip together to Cuba, us moving into our new apartment, Dave doing a lot of travel for work, and much much more.

I can only hope 2008 is 200-great! I have no idea what is in store for Dave and I this year, but I of course hope for the best!

To some the new year may bring just a flip of a calendar page...(which is a secret guilty pleasure of mine..please don't ask lol), however to me I do look at it as a fresh start. A new beginning.

I have never been one to make new years resolutions. I just kind of go with the flow and hope I make good decisions in the choices I make. I don't want to disappoint myself with goals not met, rather I learn from any mistakes I make and grow from them.

I'm not sure if it's a *sign* but the other week Dave & I were at blockbuster and they had a ballot box to enter for a Nubody's trial membership. I was bored waiting in line so I filled it out, and whaddaya know...they called me and said I "won" the membership trial. (I used won in quotes because the trial is for a week... 7 days..which is 2 days longer than the free trial they give EVERYone lol) Oh well - Dave & I have been wanting to go to the gym, so this is a nice kick in the butt.
If all things work out well, we could be going on another vacation this year, so I have got to make sure my body is a bit more presentable than it is now...especially after all of the holiday meals we've had!!

I am deeply in need of visiting home. I have a goddaughter who will be one in a few months...who I haven't even met yet, which makes me sad. I am also very short tempered lately, which is a result of a lot of things and a lot of people, and probably myself, but I need to get away.
I need home.
As much as I love it here with Dave and his family, I really do miss home. Even with a lot of the turmoil I have at home, it's mine and it's where I feel most comfortable.
I've also got to check out my brother's new ride in person..his prescious H2 Hummer lol.

I feel like as much as I've gained being in NS, I have missed out on a lot at home. So many old friends have gotten married, so many people having kids, and I really only get to keep in touch through the magic of Facebook.

Anyway, welcome to 2008! I am excited for whatever is to come mine and Dave's way. He's also got a few things up his sleeve for this year, and I think it's going to be a good year for us.

Here's hoping!

0 comments: