Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Day has come

... and now he's gone. :(

I just got back from taking my boyfriend to the airport. He flew off to New Mexico where he'll be for FOUR weeks. Gahhhh.
He gets back Easter Weekend. It seems like ages away.
Frig, it's 3 months to the day until my 26th birthday, and for one entire month of that, I'll be alone.
I'm really trying to focus on positives:
- time away = good thing (we've been having our ups and downs and time apart could do us good)
- use my alone time to get in shape & look SMOKIN when he gets back
- prove to myself that I can do this healthy thing alone.
- Learn how to motivate myself

It's still hard, though.
Of these 4 weeks, I may be going to Texas for one of them for work, which is pretty cool. That'll help with keeping me busy, but even that's not for sure yet.

I was going to start my go-girl-you-can-do-it-alone gym thing today, but I really really really just want to take this one day and just veg out.

I promise this wont' lead into a routine. I had a shitty week food + gym wise, and I am deadset on kicking my own ass and getting on track.
Just not starting today.
Sunday's a good day to start. :)

3 comments:

Erin on February 24, 2008 at 1:28 p.m. said...

It will suck when he is gone, but you are totally right about it being easier to be healthy without a guy around. You can focus on you, not worry about how much time you spend at the gym, and eat what you plan to, without someone wanting to go out for dinner or something like that! You will do great!

eurydice on February 25, 2008 at 12:58 p.m. said...

wow - texas - that's amazing! what do you do for a living?

Jenn on February 25, 2008 at 1:06 p.m. said...

Hi sweetie! I hope you are doing ok!!
I know that you are going to miss him, but I promise you that those 4 weeks are going to go by faster than you think. And time apart really is great for a relationship. My fiance went on a moose hunt this fall to Newfoundland and didn't have cell phone reception to call me - we went almost 20 days without talking. It was maddening at the begining but then it got better. I started a count down til the days he got home and that seemed to help. And sometimes its nice to do the things you want to do without worrying about someone else. Put yourself first for the next few weeks.

You are going to kick butt going to the gym by yourself. And you are going to look smoking hot when he comes home!!! :)