Wednesday, February 13, 2008

When it Snows, it Pours!

That's the kind of weather we have here in the Maritimes. Mother Nature can't make up her mind, whether she wants to have snowfall or downpour.

Just like Monday, today was another "Snowday" which boggled my mind because driving to work was really nice out. (Thankfully *this* time my Tim Hortons was open, just schools were not:

Article from today's paper

This is the type of weather warning we get here:


Snow, ice pellets, snow, rain.

Gahh.

I'm not too sure why the schools were closed. I mean, the storm wasn't going to happen until tonight, so why take the day off school?? (It's 8:20 now, and there's a bit of rain & wind...)
I remember back in school there wasn't a thing such as 'snow day'. We simply went to school and had indoor recesses.
In these days and times, it's not like that. I mean there've been 2 snowdays in 3 days. Is the schoolyear being extended for the time the kids miss? I doubt it.
Are the University's closed?
I doubt it (though - I'm not positive about that one)

Oh well.

Good news is nothing bad happened today. It looks like my cursed streak is now over. "They're" right when they say 'bad things happen in 3's'. Hopefully my streak is done now.


So, with all of the issues we've had with the car, needless to say I haven't been able to go out and about much. This means no gym for me... AGAIN! Dammit.
The last day I went to the gym was on Sunday, and it was a gooooood workout.

Tuesday would have been my next day but I was running around getting the tire replaced, etc etc.

I'm quite proud of myself, because I have been excersizing at home. I signed up for some daily emails from Fitness Magazine. I have started the 'Lose Weight' workout plan, but really, only just the stretching excersizes.
The first day was good, I was huffing and puffing after a few excersizes, but I did it again yesterday and holy HECK were my legs aching!! It's good to know that I am getting stretched & probably somewhat toned, but it's really an eye opener and kind of disappointing to see how much I've gotten out of shape over the years.
Oh well, I'm trying not to look at the past, and looking towards the future.
Dave was so kind yesterday. He was sitting on the couch playing with the laptop while I was doing my excersizes and he said, "Lex, I'm so proud of you, babe. I've never seen you this dedicated to working out & getting fit, ever."
It was really nice to hear, that he's noticing I'm dead serious about it. That helps motivate me also, because I'm a very competitive & determined person, and I want to be the best at things, so this is helping me want to prove to him that I can do it. ("You can do it" is ironically the catch phrase of some of their workout plans they have at the fitnessmagazine)

Anyway, my meals were so-so today.

Breakfast:
XL Tim's coffee (*finally**)
Wildberry oatmeal

Snack
crap I didn't have anything..

Lunch-
I fell asleep on the couch last night & didn't get to make my salad so I had a deliscious corn chowder soup from work.

Snack -
Fruitsource bar
Small bag of Sunchips from the 'healthy' vending machine - salsa flavor

Supper-
Pasta with home made beef sauce


I'm still not sure what, if anything, is going on for Valentine's Day for Dave & I tomorrow. I guess I'll wait to see. Hope you all have a great VDay!

3 comments:

Jen on February 13, 2008 at 10:06 p.m. said...

Ah, finally the Tims!!!! I don't know what I would do without my morning coffee!!!

I loved indoor recesses!!!

Jenn on February 14, 2008 at 1:27 p.m. said...

I'm glad your bad luck is finally gone!!
And yay for Tim Horton's!!

We don't have one near us, I'll have to keep my eyes out for them.

eurydice on February 14, 2008 at 3:04 p.m. said...

what dave said is really nice :) at least you are working out a bit at home - anything is better than nothing!