Thursday, April 10, 2008

More shopping today

So I went bikini shopping today. *shudders* I didn't actually purchase a bikini, but I did find one I ABSOLUTELY love. It's close to $70 for the top and bottom combined, and I already have a few bikinis... so I dont know ( I really really love the top though. It's made out of this foamy stuff and it just makes the top half look REALLY good lol). This was at the Aqua store, connected to La Vie En Rose. i didn't buy the bikini, but I did walk out of La Vie En Rose with 3 new bras! Yay! A pink one, yellow one and white one.
I'm sorry, but I do have my trusty black bra that I wear ALL the time. It's my ol' faithful. I had a GREAT victoria's secret white bra, but my boobs got bigger as I gained weight, and my bra got..well.. 'pokey' after a few washes (i dont have the patience to wash things properly). What I mean by 'pokey' is: think of a fresh pile of dough... then think of what it looks like after you poke it with your fingers. Well that somehow happened to my beautiful white bra, so I needed a new one. The sale was GREAT. 2 for 20, plus another one for 7.50. YES!
I also went to Garage clothing store. Now... I know this store is geared towards tweens and teens, but they have great summer stuff. It's pretty sad when I go there cuz the clothes are size 1 or less. Like... they're so much less than size 1 I think they may have to start sizing their clothes in the negatives... Yes, It's pretty disgusting.
BUT I did get 2 hoodies. Well, one velour grey hoodie for FIVE DOLLARS, and then a pink zip up sweater for $10 dollars. (NICE bargain!) They had a salmon colored tank top for SIX dollars. And then i bought a pair of denim shorts (which i really really really needed) for $32.
NOT a bad job for 4 pieces of clothing!!

anyway, i have good news: I GOT AN EMAIL BACK FROM THE POSSIBLE NEW EMPLOYER! Yesss! I'll be going for an interview next Wednesday at some point. This is HUGE! I've heard there's a few internal people they are considering, and that 4 external (1 of those is me) have interviews next week. I'm pumped! I'm seriously made for this job, but again, I'm terrified I'll screw myself over with my nerves in the interview. i've heard that the interviewers can be quite deadpan and that is intimidating to me!

Weigh in is tomorrow. I really do expect a gain. No workouts again this week (though I HAVE been doing a lot of shopping!). my eating has been quite good, however... but I feel very icky... or maybe I just feel like that because of what I saw in the mirror while bikini shopping. ick.



Question: WHERE is Jenn's blog???????????? when i click on it, it's disappeared!! Yikes!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lex.
All of your shopping sounds fun. I'm really jealous.

So, I deleted my blog. I had a TERRIBLE day at work, and was feeling pretty crappy, and then accidentally deleted my blog. I can't decide if I am going to recreate it or not. Maybe once I feel better, but right now I feel really awful, and I don't want to bum anyone out with me...Some people at work just suck. Don't make friends with anyone - you can't trust anyone, not even your own boss.

But anyway, sorry to bring you down with a bad comment. I'll probably recreate the blog this weekend. It just really sucks because Matt is California and I'm home by myself with no one to make me feel better and after my day at work I seriously have no self confidence left at all. At least I didn't cry in front of anyone at work. I'm sure I'll feel better in a few days, things just suck today. :(

Anonymous said...

Hi Lex.
All of your shopping sounds fun. I'm really jealous.

So, I deleted my blog. I had a TERRIBLE day at work, and was feeling pretty crappy, and then accidentally deleted my blog. I can't decide if I am going to recreate it or not. Maybe once I feel better, but right now I feel really awful, and I don't want to bum anyone out with me...Some people at work just suck. Don't make friends with anyone - you can't trust anyone, not even your own boss.

But anyway, sorry to bring you down with a bad comment. I'll probably recreate the blog this weekend. It just really sucks because Matt is California and I'm home by myself with no one to make me feel better and after my day at work I seriously have no self confidence left at all. At least I didn't cry in front of anyone at work. I'm sure I'll feel better in a few days, things just suck today. :(

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the double post - stupid blogger.

Jen on April 11, 2008 at 11:56 a.m. said...

aw, the comment abover made me said...I ♥ Jenn...I don't want her to go :( (and I hope you read that Jenn, because I mean that!!!! Now get back to the blog! And we will pump you full of sunshine...and I can kick those nasty bitches butts!)

Um anyway, who's blog am I commenting on again??? Oh right, sorry to neglect you Lex *laughs*

I TOTALLY wish I could shop with you!!!! You got some AMAZING deals!!!! Where do you buy your bags by the way? I have always wanted a designer one but haven't wanted to shell out the $$$ for it!!!

I am so excited that you have an interview next week!!! I am keeping my fingers crossed!!!!! Have an awesome weekend!

Erin on April 11, 2008 at 9:09 p.m. said...

Awesome about the interview!

I find that even a size L at Garage is sometimes too small for me - when I wear size S shirts from Old Navy. So weird. My favourite white t shirt is from Garage, though.

I think that $70 is Ok for a priamry suit, but hard to spend on an extra!