Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Taking some time to mend my relationship

So this past little while has been a trying time for my bf and I. we've had our shares of ups and downs lately, and I decided to take a bit of a break from blogging and try to spend that extra time with Dave.
Plus - I didn't have anything exciting to post anyway.

He and i had a LOT of big fights in the past while, but now seem to be on our way for recovery. Both him and I are trying to work on our "opportunities" we'll call them, to make a bigger and better "Dave & Lex".

So to make a short story even shorter, here's whats been happening:

1) Work still sux. bigtime. A huge stressor for me, but I'm trying to find ways to fix that... including getting the EFF outta there!

2) Went to see the movie "Young people fucking" which was HILARIOUS! Gotta love Canadian films!(SIDENOTE: omg, Blogger actually recognizes the word movie now, unlike a few posts ago for me)

3) We plan on doing a little him & I road trip in the next few weekends. Take a drive up to the bay of fundy, eat some lobster, check out the worlds lowest/highest tides.

4) umm.... hrmm, thats about it I think

I gained a little on my last weigh-in but it's to be expected. I didn't even jot down the weight. I've been making KILLER suppers tho! I'm going to post a pic of my meatball shishkabobs I BBQ'd up the other night. SOO good.

I hope to catch up on some blog reads shortly. Tonight Dave wanted to watch a movie together - but it seems like we're having DVD issues, so we'll see how that turns out. Regardless, it's so you think you can dance night! Wahooo!!!

Hope to catch up more seriously soon! thanks to anyone still reading! :)
xox

5 comments:

Jen on June 25, 2008 at 9:34 p.m. said...

Aw. I am so happy that you guys are taking time to work on your relationship...I think it's important to work things out if you want to have a long relationship...so many other people would have said screw it and you are so awesome!!

Have fun spending time together and making a super awesome "Dave and Lex"

healthy ashley on June 25, 2008 at 11:17 p.m. said...

Good for you for focusing on the really important things. We'll all be here when you return!!

tash on June 26, 2008 at 12:38 a.m. said...

I'm glad that things with you and your BF are getting better. Relationship stress is never fun.

Carolyn on June 26, 2008 at 8:45 a.m. said...

I think all relationships go through those kind of phases where you feel disconnected and distant from the other person. Relationships are work. Hard work. Plain and simple. I've been there. there are times when I find it sooo easy to love Scott and other times....well....we don't see eye to eye but in the back of my mind I know I'd rather be cranky and upset with Scott than blisfully happy with anyone else.

You'll come through it!

WWSuzi on June 26, 2008 at 10:31 a.m. said...

I so glad things are going better for you guys. I also find that it's the finding some extra time for the two of us that really helps things ;) Sounds like you have some nice trips coming up. Enjoy!!