Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Happy Canada Day!!

WOWZA It's a hot one today!! I LOVE It!!







So, i have been out of commission for the past few days with some rank flu. It was the weirdest flu... and to be honest i dont know if it actually *was* a flu, but that's what i'm calling it:
On Friday after work Dave & i went to his parents place to pick up his brothers for a 'bros night'. While we were there I started to get EXTREMELY achy. My back was hurting soooo badly and I just felt like @ss. We stayed there until about 9pm, and then made our way home. As soon as I got home I went and had a bath to try to relax my muscles. By this point i was getting the chills & shakes. As I was in the tub, I tried to get up 3-4times but I never could find the energy to pull myself up.... and i couldn't exactly call for dave cuz I had locked the door due to the brothers being over. So on my last attempt i made it out, but i ran straight to bed and made dave wrap me up in our big robe cuz I was just shivering... and not the normal 'after bath' shivers. these were right down to the bone.
that night i had the worst sleep ever. i tossed and turned cuz I was so achy, shivery and sweaty all at once. It was a total body-flu which I'd never experienced before.
The next morning I had no energy to make breakfast for the boys, so dave made them eggs and bbq'd up some sausages. mans breakfast of champions! I had no appetite, but I was STARVING so I had defrosted some frozen fruits we had and munched on those... then went right back to bed cuz I had started to feel terrible once again.
i slept slept slept and by the time i woke up the boys had left. I had a friend come over and bring me a Jamba Juice cuz I was starving again, but I had noooo energy whatsoever.
this repeated all weekend (and I'd just like to note that this would have been a 4 day long weekend for me... grr). But now it's Tuesday - Canada Day - and I'm all recovered. today we head out to the Halifax Waterfront for some canada day activities. The weather had called for rain, and when we looked outside it didn't look all too nice out so we both wore pants. Bad idea. OMG it got SOOOO hot out today! I think I got a bit of a sunburn on my shoulders as well. As I sit here blogging, i'm sweating so badly! ahhh

Anyway, good news: Dave & I have been doing fabulously..... he was SO helpful to me when Iwas sick and whiny...and boy, was I whiny!!

More good news: I decided I want to head home... like ASAP for a visit, so I'm booking my trip to Edmonton tonight!!! I'm pumped, i'll be there for a week at the end of July - so that means I'll get to catch my ALL TIME FAVORIITE: KLONDIKE DAYS!!

this is very good news. I haven't been home for about a year and a half now. I have a goddaughter who I've never met...and hell... I just miss home!! This will do wonders for me I'm sure!!

(Hopefully I dont run into Dave's ex tho.... Long story: She's a twat, and lived in hfx allllllllllllllllll her life... but moved to MY hometown after I moved here....... ugh...)

I've noticed a lot of my friends from back home are tiny tiny tiny and I've got a bit of a tummy on me, so I have to do some crash course slimming up! Like SUPER crash course!! I only have 22 days to made a tiny bit of a difference! Help? Tips? ideas? specific suggestions?

5 comments:

Carolyn on July 2, 2008 at 8:37 a.m. said...

Glad to hear that you guys are doing better! And it sunds like you guys had a great Canada Day despite the flu. Yuck! You poor thing!!

Jen on July 2, 2008 at 4:19 p.m. said...

Sorry to hear about the flu!!! ICK! That sounds awful!!!

I am really happy to hear that you guys are doing better!!! Sounds like you just needed to focus on each other for a bit!!!

I SERIOUSLY hope we can get together in Edmonton! That would be awesome!

Jenn on July 6, 2008 at 10:43 a.m. said...

Aww, it stinks that you got sick!!! How sweet of Dave to take care of you thought - I'm glad to hear that you two are doing better. :)

Its awesome that you get to go home soon!!! I'm happy for you. :)

As for tips - get back into working out and eating healthy. You know the basics, just rock out on em!!

Cat on July 8, 2008 at 4:03 p.m. said...

Ew! Sorry to hear about your flu. That sounds horrible. I'm SOOO glad though, that you and Dave are doing so well....That's GREAT NEWS!! How exciting that you get to go home for a while!! As for slimming down, I'd say just stay super, super hydrated for the next few weeks and have a 'no excuses' couple of weeks. Whatever, you're hot anyways, so your friends will think you're gorgeous and adorable no matter what kinda tummy you have....

Have a great time!

healthy ashley on July 9, 2008 at 10:26 p.m. said...

I'm sorry you were sick!

..and you keep talking about this "tummy" of yours, but you look HOT in every picture you post!