Sunday, January 18, 2009

Will this snow ever stop?

I mean, seriously! 10 more cm today. At least it's not so frigid anymore, but I actually enjoyed seeing sunshine when it was nice out!

So here's a brief lowdown:

- I was quite pleased with my Friday weigh-in. Down 3.2lbs from LAST Friday! (and down 2.4 since my official BLBE start) I definitely owe it all to healthier eating since I haven't really had much time to excersize. Dave is going to an earlier shift now, so I can have a normal evening where I come home, excersize, eat, then just veg... before i would come home, then have to go back at 730 to pick Dave up from work. That threw a wrench into a normal evening routing, so this will be great!

- I took my Christmas tree down this weekend! LOL .... well, to be completely honest I took down all of the ornaments last night while Dave was at a friend's place so the tree and lights are still up, but they will come down shortly. (it's a 9ft tree, so I cannot do it all by myself!)

- Dave and I had a great morning. We went to Coras for breakfast (my favorite!!) and then picked up a few things at Costco (more blueberries, blackberries, broccoli [what's with the "B" words here])

- Friday night Dave's 2 younger brothers spent the night, and Saturday morning Dave made us some breakfast. He started the hashbrowns a bit too early, so when they were done, I stuck the pot in the oven to keep them warm. well.. someone took them out of the oven and I came into the kitchen and grabbed the handle...........
OH
MY
GOD
I burned the inside of my right hand quite badly. I ran some water on it and put some polysporin on it, but damn it was hurting all day. Today it's much better, but still... OUCH!
I have terrible luck with burns. I got burned REALLY bad on my Dominican trip in April. Click to read here. Luckily, I have never broke anything... I only get burned... Grr

Well, that is it for now. I hope you ladies had a great weekend!

6 comments:

Karen on January 18, 2009 at 3:21 p.m. said...

I was at Costco on Friday. Holy cow those blackberries were HUGE!!!!! I missed the blueberries though.

I hope your hand feels better soon. I hope you kicked whoever took it out of the oven in the shins though ;p

Jen on January 18, 2009 at 7:41 p.m. said...

WOOOOOO!!!!! That is so fantastic Lex!!!! I am so proud of you!!!! (For the weight loss, not the burning, OUCH! I hope you are okay!!! Take care of it!)

You are doing just so absolutely amazing!!!!

Fatinah on January 19, 2009 at 11:51 a.m. said...

mmm, I love Cora's!

sorry you hurt your hand!

Stacey on January 19, 2009 at 12:04 p.m. said...

You are kicking butt, girl! Good for you! Nice to hear from you BTW! Yes, we took another trip to the Dominican with my inlaws. It was fabulous...but it was SO hard to come back to all this freaking snow! Ahhh!
Keep in touch!

Carolyn on January 19, 2009 at 1:03 p.m. said...

OUCH! I'm BAD with burns too! 2 years ago I burned my finger making fudge of all things.....2 weeks later it was infected and I had to go to the Hospital. They were worried about a blood infection so I had to get a cast up to my elbow to keep from bending my finger and had to go back 7 days in a row for IV anit-biotics. Nuts. I haven't made fudge since!

Congrats on the loss!! WOW! That is amazing, you must feel 100% on top of the world!

eurydice on January 19, 2009 at 2:19 p.m. said...

oooh congrats on the loss! and i feel your pain getting burned. i never seem to learn about touching hot things from the oven. or sticking my hands in the oven to touch/move things.