Thursday, May 7, 2009

I'm back!

Well... I got back from Dominican Republic Saturday afternoon but I haven't logged into Blogger this whole time. I have still been doing tonnes of laundry and other errands... pretty much just trying to get back into a regular routine of sorts.

The trip was awesome!! We did a whole lotta NOTHING which was just how I like it! It was hot, hot, HOT there and I did manage to get a burn on my first couple days there, despite my pre-tanning at the beds before going on the trip.

There were different animals taken around the pool area for tourists to get their pictures taken with (monkeys, birds, snake, etc). I took my picture with 2 parrots... which ended up being a frightening experience. One of the birds was super feisty.. I had a hair clip in my hair which he tried biting off. The bird handler was snapping for his attention so he woudln't bite my clip. I was SO terrified that he was going to bite my ear though! All of my pictures with the birds were TERRIBLE because of sheer fear in my eyes! haha
The next day a snake was going around the resort... now, I am not a huge fan of snakes, but I figured it'd be a better experience than the damn birds.
Dave & I were taking pictures together with the snake and everything was great... until we heard a bunch of people screaming and hollering in the pool behind us. We turned to look and realized Dave had been Sh*t on by the snake!
AND
SNAKES
CAN
POOP!
It was the grossest, slimeyist, stinkiest thing I've seen in a long time! It crapped/peed all over Dave's back and when we saw what had happened, the snake was still in mid-pooop with crap hanging from it.
*gag*
So so so bad!

Anyway - that's my story for today. I have oodles of reading to catch up on... still not a lot of time to do it, but I'll manage some day.



5 comments:

Angela Power on May 7, 2009 at 11:34 a.m. said...

bahaha! OMG I'm sorry for laughing but haha!! :-O

Glad you had a fantastic time and your pics are awesome, you looked awesome!!

Jen on May 7, 2009 at 1:33 p.m. said...

Yeah, snake poop does not sound like fun to me!!!!!

It sounds like you had a great trip!!! ALl of your pics are fantastic!!!

farm girl. on May 7, 2009 at 9:12 p.m. said...

welcome back!! looks like a fantastic, relaxing time!

sarah on May 7, 2009 at 9:18 p.m. said...

Welcome back! Sounds like you had fun.

eurydice on May 8, 2009 at 12:54 p.m. said...

welcome home! glad you had fun - those snake pics are RAD