Monday, June 29, 2009

A bit of this, that and a splash of OB

Well Dave made it home alright yesterday!! It is sooo nice to have him back, that's for sure! Even if it's only a week it's still great to have that extra company.

I didn't get a chance to blog yesterday because after I had lunch, my shower I went to pick him up and we were out of the house the rest of the night.

For my lunch I was still thinking about Lynn's open faced sandwich so I made my own. I used that whole wheat pita bread, salsa, spinach, nuked egg-whites and some tomatoes to make my sandwich. On the side I munched on some yummy cucumbers.



For dessert I enjoyed a delicious little bowl of cherries:




Here's where it gets interesting. I had a shower before I went to pick up Dave. After I got out I cleaned the tub and the next thing I knew I was breathless. My shower rod had somehow come OFF the walls and slammed right down on my back. I wasn't too impressed however I realized how lucky I was. Had it hit my head I probably would have had some sort of concussion or at the very least a big goose egg on my noggin!



I was running a little late because of this mishap so I definitely drove at accelerated speeds to get to the airport. I arrived just in the perfect time. I was at the airport for less than a 1/2hr so I did not have to pay the $4 to park. Yeah me!

I didn't bother taking any food out for supper so Dave & I went to Montana's. I am not a HUGE fan of this place but I was hungry for some meat.
Dave & I shared a huge plate of Ceasar salad:




He had a chicken dinner & I had ribs with fries. Yup, I chose fries. They are my friggen weakness and I couldn't pass them up. *sigh*









I also enjoyed this huge 20oz glass of Stella. (I didn't finish it all, but we'll say I drank 80% of it....)




Our plans were to go watch Transformers at 830 and we still had time to kill so we went and meandered around Chapters.

I didn't buy books, however I picked up a notepad & pen and went on my first Operation Beautiful adventure.







I'll admit, I was running low on time and would like to have left a more detailed message, however I know it'll put a smile on someone's face. It felt good and I got the giddies as I left!!

Transformers was AWESOME and a definite must see!!


Edit - I somehow posted my pics all wonky wonky. If you can't read the text, just highlight it for easier reading.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum your food looks good!

I'm glad your honey made it home safely!

Anonymous said...

Ouch, sounds like would've hurt, glad you didn't get hit on the head though.

I LOVE your post its, so cute!

Jaime on June 30, 2009 at 10:38 a.m. said...

Love your OB mission! So fun!!

Angela Power on June 30, 2009 at 4:46 p.m. said...

Love it! I wonder if that girl in the background went to check out what you did?

Glad you didn't get knocked out there!

See ya soon chicka!

Unknown on June 30, 2009 at 5:31 p.m. said...

Halifax is getting Operation Beautiful-ed all over the place!! Great job Lex. Your food looks yummers too!

Have fun tonight!!

Kari@Onederland on July 1, 2009 at 5:45 p.m. said...

Glad your man made it home. The food looks yummy. I'm off to see Transformers tonight & take part in OB!

Jen on July 1, 2009 at 7:00 p.m. said...

OUCHIE!!!! I hope you are going okay!!!!

I LOVE Operation Beautiful!!! I have done it a few times but I don't have a camera...so I have just been quietly doing it!!! I LOVE those sticky notes too!!! I have a few things from that line and they are SO cute!!!