Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I am seeing green!!!

Tonight was a Costco night and I managed to pick up about $70 of all healthy food (90% of that was produce lol).
I picked up some:
-Egg whites
- Big bag o' spinach
- Strawberries (not as good as Farmgirls!)
- Bananas
- Mini peppers
- Mangos
- Huge box of blueberries
- Blackberries
- Liberte Yogurt
- 2 cartons of raspberries (mmmm)
- a new (I think it's new) organic cereal that I taste tested a few weeks ago at Costco and LOVED it!
- box of Peak Freans cookies


ANNNNNNNNDDD I picked up a little guilty pleasure reading material:


The author of this book is Lauren Conrad from the TV Show "The hills." I guess the reviews coming in are decent so I decided to give it a try. I am reading "Love the One You're With," and not quite enjoying it as much as I thought I would. Maybe I'll make the switch to LA Candy hehe.

**Oh for anyone who is a Janet Evanovich/Stephanie Plum fan, check out what I saw:


Whooop whoop!

Sooooooooooooooo, I was doing some blog reading and decided I HAVE to jump on the Green Monster Bandwagon. That's right... I *finally* hopped on!
My Green Monster (I keep wanting to call it 'Green Machine') included:
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1/2 of a banana
- a handful of raspberries
- 1TBsp ground flax seeds
- 1 cup Light Vanilla Soy Milk
- AND 2 TBsp of Liberte Yogurt (That was for you, Ang!)







And..... VOILA:



It wasn't as green as it could have been, but that was definitely because of the raspberries. It was SO good though. You *cannot* taste the spinach at all, all I tasted was a banana/raspberry smoothie.
Veryyy good! Dave is the smoothie maker in our house but I think I'm going to show him a new gooder!

So tomorrow will be Day 2 of Booty Camp. I honestly, HONESTLY have no idea how I'm going to do the squats, lunges... well, basically *anything* that involves me bending down. My thighs are KILLIN' me today! I am having difficulties bending down, sitting down in a chair, getting up, walking down/upstairs. Late this afternoon around 2ish after all of the sitting at work my muscles got SUPER stiff. I have tried to stretch them out but it just isn't happening. I am hoping by some stoke of luck we get to do yoga or something to stretch out the muscles. But I am tellin ya ladies, I am hurtin today!!

Thank goodness Booty Camp wasn't tonight... the heat & humidity is INSANE here today. Blech!

Wish me luck tomorrow!!

6 comments:

ElleBee on June 24, 2009 at 9:49 p.m. said...

I know what you mean about sore! After I got back from my run tonight I spent a good 10 mins stretching out my quads with a few exercises I found online. Hopefully out bodies adjust soon! ;)

I found "Love The One You're With" kinda boring too. I kept on reading in hopes of getting into it.

Melinda on June 24, 2009 at 10:55 p.m. said...

I love shopping at Costco!!

I also love L.C. From the Hills Show - I may have to get that book!

Angela Power on June 24, 2009 at 11:18 p.m. said...

Look at ya all Green Monsterin'!!! WOoohooo AND you're all su'ped up with Liberte and everthing! :-D

My quads kill and I BET it's because i was sitting at a desk all day and because we never stretched them really at all! I'm thinking I might start doing Wednesday yoga class after work in the weeks to come.

MUST STRETCH WELL TOMORROW NIGHT

Anonymous said...

I'd love to hear how LC's book is!

Jaime on June 25, 2009 at 12:05 a.m. said...

Organic Daybreak!!! I reviewed that on my blog months ago...LOVED it. That huge bag lasted me forever.

I just did a late night yoga session in this humidity...it helped though!

eurydice on July 6, 2009 at 8:16 p.m. said...

let me know what you think of the book - i'm into reading it too!