Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Bum knee

Yesterday’s jogging awakened my bum knee.  Yuck. 

Background - So last September my pops came to Halifax to visit.  We headed down spring garden row, me in my cork wedges that I love.  As we were walking back to the car, my foot found a huge chunk of cement that was missing and I toppled to my knee in an instant.  Spring garden row is one of the more busier areas here so I was more embarassed at first than anything but as I got up I quickly started to feel the pain.

There were even tears….

haha

Anyway – I had to back out of a hike around McNabs island the next day….and it was a good thing because my dad, Dave and Dave’s family went for a crazy hike around the island.  I was totally jealous because even *I* haven’t walked around that island but my pops got to.

This pic of my pops is probably one of the most hilarious things they came back with.  I laugh my butt off each time I see it:

P1010056

Anyway – everyone kept telling me to ice my knee but I never did (and I have no idea why??).  My knee bothered me for months after and it wasn’t until recently that I realized… hey… my knee stopped hurting!

Until today! 

I woke up this morning and my knee almost buckled. Ahhh!  The pain is tolerable (nothing like after Day 1 of Booty Camp hahahah) but it’s still annoying … and kind of has me worried.

Maybe I will get it checked out – I don’t want to feel this anytime I do a bit of jogging.

So moving on… I am hoping to do Amy’s Workout Wednesday but I am suppose to go visit my friend who’s heading to Europe for 2 weeks.  We will see what happens – there seems to be a conflict with our plans tonight.

My eats today were ok

B – raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, & blackberries with 1 Silhouette yogurt & granola on top

- 1 XL Triple Triple from Tims… yikes!

No snack – I was in meetings until 1230.

L – huuuge salad with spinach, cherry tomatoes, orange pepper, red onion, Laughing Cow cheese wedge & 2 strawberries.  Topped with a balsamic vinagrette dressing

S – 3 Peak Freans Cranberry/Lemon cookies

D- 2 egg wraps: whole wheat wrap, salsa, tonnes of spinach, tomatoes, egg whites & marble cheese

S – big bowl ‘o cherries

I still need to drink more water.  I had that huge cup of coffee that I nursed until lunch ( Yes – its gross, but I can totally drink cold tims coffee hahah) after that I had a cup ‘o tea.  I made sure to have a bottle of water next to me that I occasionally drank from (NOT a lot, but still an improvement)

No pics other than my pops today.  He would be so thrilled that I posted this hahahah!

Update – I got to do the Amy’s workout Wednesday!!!! This damn pyramid had me wanting to call it quits at the top but I kept going!  Here’s a pic of me doing the 1 arm tricep pushups on the top of the pyramid (15reps).  My kitty Jade decided to join in (or mock me, who knows).

06-04-2009

These pushups are so awkward to me, I have no idea if my form was correct or not.

Either way – both challenges this week are completed! Aww yeah!!

2 comments:

Sarah on July 8, 2009 at 8:23 p.m. said...

I think you should definitely get your knee looked at - worst case scenario is that it's a trip to the dr's for nothing!

And I too can nurse an xl Tim's coffee all morning - but not cold! I reheat mine until it's all gone..

Angela Power on July 9, 2009 at 10:06 a.m. said...

You are friggin awesome!!!!! I hate those pushups! I remember how awkward they were in bootycamp! I am planning this grueling tricep workout for this weekend.

If you came slamming down on your knee, do you think you could have chipped your kneecap? that would certainly cause a lot of pain and linger on, especially with it moving all the time? That's a huge bummer, I totally know what that's like :-(

On the positive side, we should plan a trip to hike around McNabs and you will no longer feel like you missed out?! I've never done it either!