Monday, July 6, 2009

Home alone again

It’s been a few days since I’ve posted, but Dave was only here for a week so we spent the last few days hanging out together.  Sunday he left to Texas for one week so I’m home alone again!

Saturday morning started with me taking Dave out to Cora’s for breakfast.  SOOO good!  I had my usual, eggs benny with ham:

IMG00208-20090704-1204

Everytime I go there I always ponder the asparagus & swiss eggs benny but I always go back to good ol’ trusty ham.

Later we drove around to the Sears clearance center (found nothing) then checked out some wholesale store.  It’s like a membership free Costco, with a lot of Superstore products.  There is where I walked into an aisle full of my weakness (candy) and I heard angels singing:

IMG00209-20090704-1327

You would all be proud….. I picked up a tub of sour keys… I held it, I considered it for a LONG long time…. but then I did the unthinkable… I put them back and bought NOTHING!!!!  I definitely DEFINITELY had candy cravings all throughout the night, but the good news is that I found some willpower that wasn’t there before and didn’t succumb to my weakness.

Go me!

Oooooh – I also bought my shoes for my bridesmaids dress….

(excuse my unmanicured mangly feet plz K thx!!!)

IMG00210-20090704-1539

I got them at Spring shoes for $40 I think.  Not bad and they are quite comfy actually!  Thank goodness I went TO the store because the shoes I was going to get just weren’t doing anything for me and my heel would flop around everywhere. 

We then went to Sobeys where I found my MOST FAVORITE OF FAVORITES of Beef Jerky (Old Dutch – can’t get ANY better than this) so I got one for a quick snack.  Mmm how I miss the treasures of the West!

IMG00211-20090704-1554

So yesterday I took Dave to the airport and then I had to make a baby shower cake for work today.  I started off ok with the cake & frosting, but by the time it came to decorating I just wasn’t feeling it anymore.  It seems that my most creative & productive cake decorating projects are when I make the cake/frosting one day, and decorate the next.  The layer of fondant on the cake worked out well (had huge issues with the round cake last time), but by the time it came to decorate the heat & humidity in my house had played a funky number on the fondant & gumpaste.  I just couldn’t work with it anymore, so “It’s a boy” turned into "Boy” lol

Anyway, this is what I ended up with.  Not at ALL what I’d envisioned, but it worked.

06-04-2009 005

Tomorrow is Booty Camp again – can’t wait!  It seems as though we may get some sun also – whoo hoo!

Oh Ang – I hit up the Booster Juice in Clayton park right next to the Sushi Nami.  Mmmmm!



Ohhh - btw - since Day 1 of booty camp to July 3 I lost 2lbs! whoo hoo! Now... I don't know how MUCH I can look into that since I was weighed at night when I always weigh myself in the mornings, but I'll take what I can get!! (I also don't remember what I weighed at Booty Camp cuz I didn't write it down ...silly me... so I re-weighed myself at home!)

7 comments:

eurydice on July 6, 2009 at 8:18 p.m. said...

pretty shoes, and that cake is way better than anything i could ever come up with. i can't even make a cake from a box!

farm girl. on July 6, 2009 at 8:29 p.m. said...

preeety shoes! those will look amazing with the dress, and you'll be able to dance all night!

booty camp! whoot!

and the cake looks darn good, no matter how much "trouble" you had with it...(and where did you find heat & humidity around this place lately?!?!)

Lex on July 6, 2009 at 8:31 p.m. said...

Hahah heat & humidity is in my apt! no airdraft at all and the air is thick & damp! LOL

Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) on July 6, 2009 at 8:43 p.m. said...

Cute shoes, and I love the cake!

I see you're doing the Run For the Cure as well. Good luck! It's going to be a great day, I think :D

Cat on July 6, 2009 at 8:48 p.m. said...

I think the cake looks fab, and I think you did an AWESOME job of not buying the sour keys!!

Cute shoes, and that breakfast looks yummy! IT's funny because I can't eat eggs, and have never liked that hollandaise (NO idea how to spell that) but I always WISH i liked it because it LOOKS so effing good!!

I went to Cora's for the first time in TO...So delicious!!!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could make a pretty (or should I say handsome, lol) cake like that! Seriously, I tried to make my Mom a b-day cake and it was a mess.

Love your shoes!!

Cya at Booty Camp :)

Angela Power on July 7, 2009 at 9:18 a.m. said...

Yayyy down 2 lbs! Great work! I'm about the same still - need to tighten up the calories and up my intensity on the non-bootycamp days methinks.

Puuurdy shoes and cute cake!

YOu didn't need those sour candies anyway....(I heard they dip them in toilet water) :-P

see ya tonight!