Thursday, August 27, 2009

Can’t fight fate!

I haven’t had a chance to blog lately as I’ve been chilling with DBF.  :)

After work on Tuesday we headed to Dartmouth to run some errands.  One of our stops was Walmart to pick up some cleaning supplies.  As I left Walmart I smelled one of my biggest weaknesses…. McDonald’s Fries. MMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  Some people crave chocolate, I crave fries…. and I am WEAK when I smell McD’s fries!!  As we walked towards the car I whined to Dave about how bad I wanted fries!  Initially he told me to go get them (probably to shut my whiny self up!!) but when I refused (and kept whining) he suggested we flip a coin.  (Yes, I called him an enabler!!)

Heads – No fries for me

Tails – I get fries!

cointoss

The coin was flipped, and TAILS it was!!  I was thinking that I couldn’t feel guilty – I left it to fate and fate said, heck yea!

As we drove up to the drive through I saw a white paper over the sign – “Drive through closed”.

HUHHHHH?????????

Dave told me to just go drive to another McDonald’s but I refused.  I saw this as a sign and I really did NOT *need* those fries.  We were going home for supper anyway, so I huffed and puffed and just drove home… defeated.

(I really REALLY did not need them as I’ve been going over my daily WW points anyway… so I THANK you, fate!)

Yesterday Dave surprised me and said he wanted to take me out on a date (awwwwwwwwwwwwwwhhhh!!).  We went to Sushi Nami Royale for some sushi where I had some edamame, Dragon Rolls, and yummy sweet potato rolls…mmmmmmmmmmm!!  Since it was a BOGO night at the theatres, we decided to go watch Inglorious Basterds.  I liked the movie (typical Quinton Tarantino movie) but Dave said he was “meh” about it.  It’s definitely not for everyone – quite a dark humor.

Today I did well points wise.  I had my usual blueberries & strawberries with Source yogurt & granola for brekkie.  A small slice of my YUMMY bananabread for a snack.  For lunch I had a turkey breast sub at Subway.  And tonight I made Spaghetti with meat sauce for dinner.  I made the meat sauce with ground turkey instead of beef, tossed in some onions and mushrooms along with a low cal Compliments spaghetti sauce.  Mmmm mmm soo yummy!

I NEED to get back on track points wise…. AND Exercise wise.   Lynn had a great idea of setting a fitness goal which I’m totally getting on board with.  At home we’re going to be creating lists for everything… something we do not do now.

I need a planner for:

- meals

- cleaning (some of our biggest spats are over cleaning)

- exercise

We’ve decided to try the Couch to 5K challenge which is going to be awesome for us.  Once we get our schedules worked out we’ll be on track with our meals, exercise and our chores!   It’s an exciting thing for me!

How do you plan out your meals for the week?  I’m so an ‘in the mood’ type cooker that it feels very overwhelming to have to plan out my meals when I don’t know what we’ll be ‘in the mood’ for supper.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I crave McDonald's all the time. I am not a big fan of sweets but salty goodness calls to me. Good job on passing it up!

I am an in the mood type cooker too. I try to plan eat week by category - like one day is a pasta, 2 fish, one salad, one is some type of Sunday dinner, one veggie pizza and one sandwich/soup. Then I just make whatever I want that particular night depending if I am in a pasta food, fish mood, etc. It doesn't always work because sometimes I want pasta 7 days a week :)

Jaime on August 27, 2009 at 11:59 p.m. said...

McD's calls to me too. I go in phases where I want them all the time, then will go months without them.

As for planning, I try to plan based on the main meal item (usually something I already have that I want to use up, or something on sale at the store that week). So say I have ground beef I'll think of something fun, like tacos, that I know I'll want!

It's tough...you sort of have to give up that "in the mood" mentality and adopt a new way of eating. Try just planning weeknights and give yourselves weekends off. I always leave at least one "open" day.

Jen on August 28, 2009 at 1:21 p.m. said...

*laughs* fate tricked you the first time with the coin!! Good for you though! When I get a craving and am about to give into it, it's all I can think about!!!

I am a VERY scheduled person!! We make a meals list and thats how we do our grocery shopping (saves money too!) and then we just switch around meals if we aren't in the mood for it.

We have HUGE spats about cleaning too! I am organized but I HATE cleaning!! So we have a schedule for that and chores that each person does...it works out pretty good, we do like one chore each after work for the first 3 days of the week and then we have the weekends free!!! It's so nice!!!

It's a tough habit to get into (planning) but once you have it down, you will wonder what you ever did without it!!!

Laura on September 2, 2009 at 12:08 p.m. said...

I really try to plan - more because we are so busy. I plan out who will be home/what we are doing and go from there. I actually look forward to spending some time on Sunday afternoon going through recipes and planning the week out.

eurydice on September 2, 2009 at 2:06 p.m. said...

haha you are so funny! fate said no! i love those fries too but i haven't had them in years!