Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My name is Lex and I have a problem…

I am going through MAJOR withdrawls… of a good kind of course!  I am missing ALL of the blogger girls!  I will miss the girls from out west and from “Ontario” (Jen, Cat, and Amy) but I am grateful to have Lynn, Jaime, Les, Angie and Tash here in the ‘fax with moi!

The past week has been a WHIRLWIND to say the least but it was so worth it!  I literally got a maximum of 5 hours sleep each night (often much less) because I didn’t want to miss a minute with the fabulous girls!  I worked during the day and there were a few nights where I had some prior arrangements (Bachelorette party on Thursday night, and a wedding on Saturday night) but I was able to split my time and managed to close the night with the blogger girls.

I am so glad that people have blogged mid-GTG because I don’t want to forget a THING!! The lobster meal was AMAZING, the Thanksgiving dinner was probably one of the best ones I’ve EVER attended (I can’t stop thinking about Amy’s twice baked sweet potatoes). 

Later in the evenings came a “fair amount” of drinking.  This led to much:

- singing

Sept 6-09 042

- Guitar Hero-ing

- Drunk Trampoline-ing

- Dancing (many sorts of dancing!)

Sept 6-09 107

- Rubiks cubing

Sept 6-09 043

- McDonalds running

The list truly goes on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave was also a big hit with the ladies…well… and the guys!  He’s my little goofball and I don’t know what I would do without him.  The ying to my yang!  Luv you baby!  It seems like he and farmgirl’s Big J have formed somewhat of a bromance!! ahha

This has been one of the BEST TIMES OF MY LIFE!  I really thank all of the ladies for this!  I loved meeting Jen, Cat, Amy and Tash (finally!!!) and hope to do it again soon! Someway, somehow!

Sept 6-09 014 Sept 6-09 017

Oct 10 2009 (7) Sept 6-09 094 Sept 6-09 089

 Oct 12 (3)

10 comments:

Amy on October 13, 2009 at 10:29 p.m. said...

Best. Weekend. Ever.

The "Ontario" part make me burst out laughing!

Miss you already tootsie pop!
xoos

sarah on October 13, 2009 at 11:21 p.m. said...

Sounds like a blast was had by all!!

Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) on October 13, 2009 at 11:55 p.m. said...

I've said it before, but I will say it again:

Jealous, jealous, jealous!

Hope you are around when I make my "grad trip" to Hail in the spring/early summer :D

Anonymous said...

Best way to fix a withdrawal is a hair of the dog that bit you. me thinks a mini-GTG is in order soon :)

Jaime on October 14, 2009 at 12:29 a.m. said...

Loving the look on Les's face in the Cora's shot. She's just too cute. LOL.

You are one lucky lady with that man. He should hold training classes for other hubbies. :)

I'm so glad we did this!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Was such a great time eh?! I just keep saying that I'm in awe of it all. :)

Dave was so awesome too, with all the driving and late night MickeyDee runs.

farm girl. on October 14, 2009 at 8:54 a.m. said...

Yes, there appears to be a bro-mance brewing!

And Tash is right - hair of the dog, with 5/8 would be alright! Pic/vid review night!

Loves ya!

Seriosly - what is it with me, scarf on head, and on a chair??

Angela Power on October 14, 2009 at 9:43 a.m. said...

I could gush all day forever about how awesome it was and I was sooooo happy that you guys were able to pull off your prior obligations AND party with us :-)

I feel so grateful that we have such a great group here "the 'fax" for keeps :-)

Jen on October 14, 2009 at 3:54 p.m. said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am laughing that perhaps Lesley does not remember the fact that she ALWAYS had to be standing on something with her scarf wrapped around her head!!!!!

And Dave WAS awesome!!! Right from the word go!!!!

Maybe there will be another GTG soon...Vancouver??? Fort Mac??? "Ontario"??? who knows!!

Unknown on October 14, 2009 at 4:49 p.m. said...

I am seriously so sad.......

what a wonderful weekend and what amazing friends we all have....

I can't tell you how wonderful it was to meet you finally and now I feel like we have a deep friendship already that will last forever.