Thursday, December 31, 2009

Confessions of a Sweet Tooth

*Original post: http://sweettoothblog.wordpress.com/2009/11/03/confessions-of-a-sweet-tooth/

I have a confession… I am so happy Halloween has come and gone.  All of the wonderful chocolates and candies are terrorizing me!

It is disgusting to admit this but my breakfast and lunch today consisted of:

- 1 Everything bagel with a smear of cream cheese

- 3 small Cakesters

- a couple packs of Halloween Starbursts

- 2 Rocket candies

- A couple packs of Halloween Skittles

- 2 mini Mars Bars

- 2 Tootsie pop rolls

… I am pretty sure the list can go on.

No lies.

I have a sweet tooth, there is no mistaking this… hence the name of my blog.

This needs to stop!

The only thing good about today food-wise was dinner.  I was inspired by Zesty’s Shepherd’s pie post!  I had already taken out my ground beef for dinner tonight as I was going to make the boring old usual – spaghetti. (A classic but often over done in our household!)

I have never made Shepherd’s pie before but I am glad I did!  It was delish!

We were missing a few of the ingredients from Zesty’s recipe so here are my alterations in orange:

Ingredients
  • 1 package ground beef
  • 1 cup Onions
  • 1 cup Celery
  • 1/2 can corn
  • 1 1/2 – 2 lbs potatoes (3 large potatoes)
  • 2 TBsp butter
  • 2 TBsp cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup onion soup mix
  • 2 Tbsp. milk
  • Salt and pepper
  • Your favorite Epicure Spices
Method
  1. Peel and quarter potatoes, boil in salted water until tender (about 20 minutes).
  2. While the potatoes are cooking, add ground beef and sauté until no longer pink.
  3. Add the onions & celery
  4. Add half a cup of prepared onion soup mix and cook, uncovered, over low heat for 10 minutes, adding more soup as necessary to keep moist.
  5. Add corn near the end of the cooking process before adding to the casserole dish.
  6. Mash potatoes in bowl with butter,  & cream cheese.  Add the milk  and season to taste. (I sprinkled some Epicure 3 onion dip mix)
  7. Place beef and vegetable mixture in baking dish. Distribute mashed potatoes on top. Rough up with a fork so that there are peaks that will brown nicely.
  8. Cook in 400 degree oven until bubbling and brown (about 30 minutes). Broil for last few minutes if necessary to brown.

Holy freaking MOLY was this delicious!!  I had some fresh tomatoes & cucumbers on the side for some added veggie punch! :)

Untitled-3

Untitled-5

For a refreshing beverage we enjoyed some A Negative Tru-Blood.

Untitled-6

(Just kidding!  It was actually an Arizona Pomegranate Green Tea drink.) Yummy!

Today I went to Goodlife Fitness to finish my registration so now I am good to go!  I was going to hit up Zumba with Les & Angie tomorrow but it was the one day that all of their classes were cancelled.  Boo!

I feel so good that I’m back with the gym.  It has been WAY too long!  It’s time to get back into a routine and kick my fitness into high gear!

It’s time for me to get back on track with Weight Watchers also.  Lynn, Angie & Cat are getting back on track so that is OODLES of motivation for me to get back on track also!   There is NO excuse for me to be eating CANDY all day!  That is terrible!  I am disgusted!  It is time to change… NOW!

What do you to kick your butt into gear and get back on track?

0 comments: