Saturday, February 20, 2010

Booty Camp Ab Workout!

Last June I had an opportunity to take part in an 8 week session of Booty Camp Fitness.  It was truly an excellent opportunity not only for being able to get outdoors and get active, but the first class was also the first time I had the chance to meet an amazing group of local bloggers.

HPIM7106[4]

06-04-2009 006  IMG_1847[3] 06-04-2009 009

A few months ago the lovely Lisa from Booty Camp Fitness sent me a copy of their new DVD:  Booty Camp Fitness: Ultimate Home Edition

IMG_2895

There has been quite a bit going on at home so I hadn’t had the chance to give it a try… until today.  It’s been so long since I’ve had a good Ab workout so I decided to pop this bad boy in and do the Ab-Salute! Core workout.

Let me tell you, I love a good ab workout!  When I exercise its the workout I enjoy doing most of all, and the Booty Camp Fitness version did not disappoint!

I liked how it started off with a few minutes of belly breathing.  I’ve recently started running and I know belly breathing is highly recommended but I was having a hard time getting the hang of it.  Sammie Kennedy does a great job explaining it which has helped me get a better grasp on what I’m doing.

The whole workout was not too difficult, and with some of the more challenging moves there is a “beginner” option as well which helped.  Of course, no ab/core workout would be complete without doing some planks – and the last part of the exercise was 3 full minutes of planks in alternating positions.  WOW!

I hope to work this DVD into my non-run days as I did find it enjoyable and it was a nice workout!  A few other girls who have done some of the other workouts have said they felt the soreness after (especially the Booty Booster workout!) which is always a pain I welcome!

Not to mention, Sammie is so super cute and really makes you feel as though you’re enjoying the wonderful Hawaii weather with them.  Oh Hawaii – us girls can dream!

Thank you Lisa, & thank you to the rest of Booty Camp Fitness for all of the opportunities!  I owe a lot to Booty Camp Fitness for helping me grow life long relationships with a wonderful group of girls!

Follow Booty Camp Fitness on Twitter here

Join their Facebook Group here

6 comments:

Sammie Kennedy on February 20, 2010 at 6:39 p.m. said...

Thanks so much darling for such a wonderful review of my ab workout. I really appreciate the feedback and am glad it delivered for you!

If you are short on time I highly recommend giving the Cardio Quickie or Booty Booster a try and the Seaside Serenity Stretch will be wonderful on your off run days.

Keep up the amazing work.

Lots of Love,

Sammie Kennedy xoxoxo

Angela Power on February 20, 2010 at 7:47 p.m. said...

This makes me all choked up. It kind of forget that was that day we met because I feel like we've known each other forever *sniff* (pardon the hormones!)

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed all the sessions that I've done on the DVD too!

Aww, love all the pics that you posted! Was a blast wasn't it? :)

Hope all is well Lex. I still have a bag of books for you whenever we meet up next.

Sarah on February 21, 2010 at 2:00 p.m. said...

You guys have a great group to keep you motivated. I love finding good workout DVD's.

Claudia on February 21, 2010 at 10:41 p.m. said...

Hi Lex, thanks for checking out my blog.
In Highschool I used to pretend I was sick when it was time for GYM... SO running is something that I NEVER ever imagined I would be able to do or even choose to do and LIKE. So it's been a real eye opener and if can do it then anyone can!!
Booty Camp Fitness sounds like fun!!

Christine on March 3, 2010 at 1:01 a.m. said...

I really want to try out this booty camp thing! If you're up for it you should soooo come to a hot yoga class with me and my sister. The instructor is amazing and can teach beginners and advanced yogis all in one class. Let me know :)