Monday, June 14, 2010

Achy Achy!

First I want to say a big “Thank you” for all of the positive comments left on my last post about my 5K birthday run.  Y’all are too sweet!

Secondly, I will apologize (again… for like the 100th time) for my delay in posting but once again life has taken over.  I have been going through a lot in my personal life and have been pushing through the stresses which has put blogging to the side.

Today I will leave you with an update on what’s to come for me in the activity department.

I really did have a LOT of fun doing the 5K and although I wasn’t terribly impressed with my results I do not regret any part of it whatsoever!  As what normally happens after a race, I caught the ‘race bug’ and decided I wanted to sign up for the Valley Harvest 10K in October (10-10-10).

Seriously – that is oodles of time away from now and oodles of time left for me to prepare.  I started a new run/walk program WAY back to basics – which I needed because I have only gone out for a run 2x since the 5k run on May 23rd.  My new run program (which has been adjusted and postponed several times in the past few weeks already) takes me to the end of August.  So by then I should be able to effectively complete a 10K.   This is a good plan because I KNOW life is going to get in the way and interfere with my training.  With summer being around the corner, moving into our new house – I know I won’t be able to follow my schedule to a “T” but it’s been laid out with a few weeks of forgiving. 

Here’s the kicker….

I *also* caught back onto the P90x bug.  I was doing some random Googling on Saturday and decided to hop back onto the P90x bandwagon.  See, I tried this program last year and never followed through with it.  I got a wrist injury then simply got completely de-motivated and just stopped doing it.

Looking back at when I started I was a few pounds less than what I weigh currently and I remember how dissatisfied I felt in my own skin.  So… this past Saturday I re-took my “before” P90x photos (which are horrendous, believe you me!)  and I also added the P90x workouts to my run schedule.

Ambitious, right?

Jun 14

I am a creature of habit and I whole heartedly want to follow my schedule exactly but I know that’s not going to happen.  I don’t know whether to forgive my runs or forgive my P90x.  The runs are needed to help me train for October however the P90x workouts are needed to keep my muscles “confused” and working to a goal of getting lean & toned! 

It’s only a few days in and already I have to wiggle some stuffs around.  I didn’t do my scheduled Saturday run however I *did* do the P90x workout.  Sunday I made up for the lack of Saturday run by doing a 16k Hike up Cape Split

Here’s where we’re running into a problemo, my friends.  Sunday morning I woke up feeling not only sick but CRAZY sore from the P90x workout on Saturday.  I toughed it out and decided VERY last min that I still wanted to do the Cape Split hike and had a wonderful time with Les doing it….. BUT my body started to shut down.  On the way back my soreness from the P90x along with the general soreness of the uphill hike really started to set in.   Not to mention, I’m still feeling sickly.  When we were finally done the hike I could barely sit down to take off my shoes/sit in the car.  My ass muscles were TIGHT folks! 

We went for supper afterwards when the sick REALLY kicked into the body aches so I was a mess.  Poor Les had to put up with me!

By the time we got back to the city and I finally got home I was toasted. I had a hot shower then bathed in a hot epsum salt bath.  Then it was sleepytime for me.

Today I still have body aches and I’m still sick but I was a trooper and went to work.

Now I am at home and I’m contemplating doing the Cardio X vid.  I don’t think it’s going to happen – instead I may swap today’s Cardio X with Wednesday’s Yoga X workout.  I’m also not in the shape to run so this week’s running may be pushed back by a day.  Hopefully the Yoga helps me tonight and I can run again tomorrow (not to mention walk around like a normal, functioning member of society!)

Sorry for the long winded post but that’s my update.  I hope I can keep up with this schedule and work my tootsie off whilst (I’ve been using that word a lot lately) continuing my 10K training plan.

Here’s some pics from the Cape Split adventure:

IMG_0421 IMG_0422

IMG_0424IMG_0435 IMG_0447 IMG_0450

IMG_0476 IMG_0493IMG_0491 

We did it in 3hrs! Yeah!!IMG_0501

3 comments:

Laura on June 14, 2010 at 8:52 p.m. said...

Great plan! I am doing the same thing tonight..I can't wait to start training again.

Anonymous said...

Love your pics! And yay for signing up for the 10k in October. I also commend you on combining the p90x with it. Sounds like a great combo!

Lose Weight on September 10, 2010 at 4:02 a.m. said...

hey!! you have a wonderful blog. thanks for sharing your weight lost progress here. keep it up and never give up. you can do it.