Saturday, January 26, 2008

First Meal Plan Dinner

... Hoisin Salmon with Bok Choy ...


and DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNN was it tasty!!



I got the recipe from the Chatelaine meal plan , and I'm quite glad I found it. I loooove hoisin sauce, and woudln't have thought to put it on salmon, but it complimented it quite well. I also looooooove bok choy, but this was my first time making it.
Apparently Dave (BF) loved it also. When he was finished his meal, he leaned back and said, "Holy F*ck that was good."

YAY to eating healthy!!

We had an afternoon movie date today and we went to see 'Meet the Spartans'. It was another movie mocking the original, and in this case it was mocking 300. It was a stupid funny movie, but I'd say it'd be better as a rental.

After the movie we headed to the gym for 2 hours and we felt sooo good afterwards.

It's nice to get back on track after 2 days of no excersize. Maybe we'll go again tomorrow.

We'll be on the same shift this week, so there are no excuses for not excersizing!

Happy Saturday evening, folks!

4 comments:

Stacey on January 27, 2008 at 2:37 p.m. said...

Hey! First off, YAY for Punta Cana!!! Doesn't our resort look awesome! You'll have to post some pics when you get back so I can check it out!
Second, I love Salmon...so I'm totally going to try that recipe! Thanks for writing on my blog!
Best of luck!
Stace

Sarah on January 28, 2008 at 2:31 p.m. said...

Hmmm, I've always wanted to try bok choy, but wasn't sure how to prepare it, I will definitely have to try it now!

eurydice on January 28, 2008 at 5:54 p.m. said...

I just can't get into bok choy! How do you make it?

Lex on January 28, 2008 at 8:24 p.m. said...

Stacey: Yes! I'm so excited for Punta Cana. I've been researching the resort like a madwoman... I *almost* feel like I know it inside and out.
Tell me if you try the salmon, and how you like it.
Enjoy!

Sarah: It was my first time, so if I can do it, anyone can. I love the texture of bok choy. Not a lot of flavor, but that's ok with me.

Eurydice: Bok choy is definitely a nice one to try. I'm not sure if you cook it the same way for everything, but for this side dish I stuck it in boiled water just until the leaves got super dark. Once they were dark, I removed them from the boiling water and blanched it in ice water. Finally, I stuck it in the oven for the final 'grilling' stages of my salmon (about 2 mins, which warmed it up nicely). I'm sure it'd steam easily also. :)