Monday, January 28, 2008

Oh Monday...

Ick. There's nothing good about Mondays.. Well, not lately anyway. It's ok on normal weeks when Heroes and/or Prison Break is on. But the stupid writers strike has put a halt on that. boo.

Anyway, enough of that.

Yesterday was an awesome day from start to finish. I had purchased EggBeaters for the first time after reading how it's a healthier choice. I must say, I was skeptical at first, but I absolutely was impressed. I prepared breakfast, but Dave (BF)had cooked us omlettes for breakfast. See the delisciousness below:


YUM!!


I definitely think the extra bit of coin I spend on the eggbeaters is worth it. It didn't have the stinky 'eggy' smell/taste. It was wonderful!

Dave had not wanted to go to the gym that day (boo). He felt he had enough of a workout on Saturday. So I pulled my tricker move and suggested we go swimming. (We have a huge pool in our apartment that we NEVER use, so why not make use of it? Little did he know the swimming suggestion was more of my secret plan to get out and get some exercise! :) )
We figure our (heated!) pool is about 14FT width-wise, so we decided 2 of those (28ft) would be equivalent to one lap.
I did 10 'laps' of breaststrokes
10 laps of backstroke
and 10 laps of forward strokes.
I also did about 10 minutes of treading water.


It was a really enjoyable workout. I really should make use of that pool more often! The only downside is we are required to wear swimming caps which isn't fun. They say that it helps their filters because people's hair doesn't get as caught up in the filters... which makes sense... we do have many elderly folks in the complex, so I can see that happening..but still.. c'mon....
Check it out:


This was us last year, all nicely tanned right before our Cuba trip. See the great swim caps we're sporting lol. (and yes, he was going in for some boob action lol)

Today was Windsor Pilates video, and tomorrow is gym day!
Dave & I have decided on a new gym schedule. Initially we were just going to go Mondays, Wednesdays & fridays + the odd weekend day, but we decided we like coming home & enjoying our home time, plus Fridays are extremely busy at the gym whereas the weekends are practically empty.
Our new Gym schedule will be:
Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and/or Sundays. We are very pleased with that. 2 weekday nights instead of 3 works for us much better!


Now on a completely different tangent.. holy HELL is everyone having rediculous weather? This morning I woke up and had to chisel ice off my car from the freezing pellets/rain, whatever you call it here.
But, OMG back at home it's in the MINUS FORTY DEGREES CELCIUS! Say WHATT?
Believe it:

2 comments:

eurydice on January 29, 2008 at 4:13 p.m. said...

i can't believe you have to wear swimming caps! that is so bizarre to me! how do they enforce that rule? also i'm digging your blog layout

Lex on January 29, 2008 at 10:07 p.m. said...

Thanks hun!

And omg I KNOW! The swimming caps are rediculous. The landlord tends to creep by every so often, so if they catch you not wearing one, its more of a verbal lashing...where, really, they just tell you to put one on.
LOL