Thursday, January 24, 2008

Not enough time in the day...

Blah, work today dragged on. I was pretty busy, but it didn't help pass the time. Thankfully it's over and that much closer to the weekend!

I've never been one to take a lunch to work, or even school for that matter. Shame on me for spending uber amounts of money on nonsense. Since starting my 'get healthy & get fit' routine I've been bringing food to work to snack on.

I can't help but start my day with my Tim's coffee. Perhaps one day that'll pass, but not now. It's still my morning necessity. Without it, I'm a crankypants! I've been bringing salad & cherry tomatoes with low calorie French dressing for lunch, and throughout the day I snack on Melba toast and carrot sticks. I had such bad eating habits at work previously. I would have a bagel or muffin with my morning coffee, and not eat anything until I get home. Gahh. I like this turnaround.

Today after work Dave (BF) and I went for sushi. We were literally pulling into the superstore parking lot, but decided to go for sushi. It was sooooo scrumptious. I've gotten quite the addiction for Edamame which are shown below.



After sushi, we headed back to superstore to stock up on groceries as set out by our new meal plan. We really want to take this healthy business seriously, and our eating habits need to change drastically. I found an interesting meal plan online today, which we're going to try out Slim down for summer meal plan.

We stocked up on an insane amount of groceries. I'm quite pumped to start this meal plan. We'll see how it goes. There were things on there, like the Tofu meal for Monday which we may not make... neither of us are Tofu people. However, for the most part we'll try our hardest to stick with it. There are some new things we'll try, like couscous which we've never tried before. It looks interesting! The best part about all of this is my fridge is packed... and in a good way! I can remember countless times just picking up a few 'real' foods, and the rest snacks, boxed foods etc. We will now be putting out a big effort in making real meals and eating healthy.

After our sushi dinner, and grocery shopping, it was almost 9pm by the time we got home. What the heck!

I'm already feeling the guilt for not exersizing.. I had planned on doing my Windsor Pilates video tonight, but now there's no time. I absolutely need a bit of cool down time, and so no pilates tonight. Damn.

Tomorrow we'll be going to the gym after work. I can't wait!

Oh, BTW, I'm making Fridays my weigh in day.. tomorrow..oh boy!

4 comments:

Sarah on January 25, 2008 at 12:05 a.m. said...

Thanks for stopping by! Edamame is so yummy!

Randi on January 25, 2008 at 10:50 a.m. said...

Bad girl! Can't buy lunch every day! Aren't you broke? This will make a huge difference! Now you'll know what you're putting in your body. Good luck with the food plan!

Sarah on January 25, 2008 at 3:10 p.m. said...

I got one of those Tim Horton's Coffee Makers for Christmas, OMG, I don't even buy Tim's anymore, the coffee pot makes the best coffee I've ever had, and we don't even use 'good' coffee, we use the President's Choice stuff in the white can.

Lex on January 25, 2008 at 6:46 p.m. said...

Randi - *sigh* I know. I can't even fathom how much moola I've spent on lunches throughout the years. Even back in Junior High school days. It's insane. This is soo much better, and I'm really enjoying keeping track of everything!

Sarah(2) -Hmm, that sounds like a good idea! I've been tossing the idea around about just making my coffee at home. It would sure help on the weekends rather than driving out to Tims. I know it'll help save some coin in the wallet also. I may just look into the Tim's coffee maker, rather than just getting an el cheapo coffee maker