Monday, March 31, 2008

Busy busy, but today was the day

Yep, so today we finally kickstarted our asses into gear and have started to get back into a routine. I told Dave today that I wanted to make a list of food we're going to eat for the rest of the week (healthy foods & structured eating patterns of course).
As soon as we started talking about it, I got that excited empowering feeling that I did last time (ie - before he left for his month long trip). I REALLY enjoyed watching the food we purchased & ate, and just being more concsious of the decisions we made regarding our eating habits. Today that feeling overcame me all over again when we tried planning our meals.
I don't have a lot of money for food this week, so I lucked out when I found a lean cuisine meal plan which was nice & simple & worked out for us. I like some of the lean cuisine meals, and I *dont* like making lunches, so this is AWESOME for us!!
Breakfast will be pretty standard with oatmeal or raisin bran
Snacks will be some sort of fruit and/or yogurt
Lunches will be one of the lean cuisine mealsmeal plan, start excersizing
snack again will be fruit or yogurt or veggies, etc
Dinner varies from chicken breasts, lean cuisine pizza (which we coudln't find so we got a Delissio Harvest Crust Deluxe pizza instead, etc etc,
I like this plan!
Dave will probably go with the 1800cal plan, whereas I will go with the 1500. The meals are the same pretty much, other than the portion sizes.

Today for dinner I made Hoisin salmon (hoisin + EVOO brushed across salmon steaks... cookeda t 450 for about 12 mins) with some mixed frozen veggies and rice.
It was deliscious!!


Lately I'm feeling a bit flustered with how fast time is flying by, and how little I feel things are getting done. I can't recall the last time I was at the gym (boo), so I have to get back on track with that.
We are not early risers, and coudln't be if we tried, so gym going in the morning is not in the question.
After work I've been going tanning to get geared up for vacation, and we have to keep up at that, and Dave needs to start also.
I need to start learning how to use my new camera... BEFORE the trip. I've just not gotten that inspiration and creative juice flow to make me start practicing. I have a friend who's given me a task of "Pink" so I need to be creative with "pink" and then she'll cahnge up my task. She herself does her own daily challenge where each day she takes a picture of something new.
I really like the challenge, but I need to get more familiar with my camera first... though that could be a good way to do it.
Today I wanted to start that Ultimate Fitness plan found in the Womens health magazine. (Oddly enough today was a GREAT day to start:
cardio - rest for cardio. take rest today
excersize - rest for excersize. take rest today

For anyone who wants to try this out, and who hasn't already, check it out at the Womens Health Magazine online. It's the ultimate fitness challenge. It allows you to keep track of the time you spent excersizing, what *to* do, waht you did, *how* to do it (not just the pics but VIDS too) etc etc. it seriously is great!! According to it, today is rest day, so we'll see how tomorrow goes. If I dont find the time to get to the gym, this could help me out in the meantime.

I posted my Saturday weigh in ( i totally even forgot to weigh in on friday) at 152.4. I stepped on and off the scale af ew times to be sure. Even the SMALL loss, it was still something, and I'm not sure how since I haven't worked out, or eaten properly.... come to think of it, my eating was atrotious! Oh well, it was a weird WI but I'll take it.

Sidenote: Dave & I sold our PS2 + guitar hero bundle, and purchased Rockband for the Xbox 360. SO-MUCH-FUN!! (that was KIND of another reason why I didn't get around to doing much - we had his younger brothers over for a boys weekend & it was filled with video games). Last night we also attended a first Guitar Hero challenge held at a local pub. I think this is going to be our new Sunday night event since Dave IS HOOKED On guitar hero (he's really good, so its ok lol).

Anyway, time for me to catch up on some blogs!!



Edit:So I TOTALLY just remembered tomorrow is the 1st of April. what a GREAT day to start on our new meal plan & routine!! YAY for coincidence?? I hadn't even put the 2 together.
Oh... remember... it IS April 1 - April Fools. watch out for those sneaksters!!

6 comments:

Living to Feel Good on April 1, 2008 at 3:36 a.m. said...

Awww you are right..April 1st is the perfect day. Now I don't want to see April fools, we'll start tomorrow okay? I take in 1500 cals myself, so keep with the plan and you'll rock it.

Guitar Hero fan here. I play the Hard level, and it rocks because my husband can barely do Med. I finally found something I can kick his butt at. I wanted to get Rock Band at Christmas, but I've decided to wait for the price to go down more. I saw the other day it was down 30 bucks. I'll wait a little longer. I want to give the drums a try!
At Christmas when we were looking at them, the sales person said to my husband "You can play drums and your wife can sing", and he said "Are you kidding, she wants to play drums, she's already mastered guitar hero" I said "hell ya, I don't want to sing, I want to drum!" hahahaha :)

Jenn on April 1, 2008 at 6:51 a.m. said...

Great plan you have going on here!! :) Its wonderful to hear that you are excited about your eating plan. I know the feeling that you are talking about. It feels great to know that you are rocking it!! It is so nice that Dave is on board with you - having his support will really help, I'm sure.

Is there any way that you can take a walk at lunch time? As soon as the weather breaks (quits raining!) here I'm going to start taking small walks at lunch. They will only be 30 minutes, but its better than no activity. Its almost like a bonus on top of my nightly workout.

Good luck learning how to use your new camera. The daily challenge sounds fun.

You aren't the first one to talk about the Ultimate Fitness challenge. I'm gonig to have to check that one out. I just work out however I feel like on that day. It's always either jog or tae bo, or both. I have no structure. I earned 10 APs yesterday, and I'll probably only earn 3 today. I need consistency!

Congrats on the loss!!! All losses should be celebrated!!! YAY!

Have a great day girly!

Jen on April 1, 2008 at 11:56 a.m. said...

I can't believe how fast time is going by!!!! It is absolutely insane!!!

Sounds like you have a really great plan! And today is a wonderful day to start!!!

I'm glad that you feel "into" it...it makes a HUGE difference hey??

I played Guitar Hero again for the first time in a LONG time last night...I haven't tried Rock Band yet...heard great things about it though!

Jenn on April 1, 2008 at 2:31 p.m. said...

I tagged you!
See my blog for info. :)

Cat on April 1, 2008 at 4:51 p.m. said...

Yay! You must feel awesome that you started today! Woohoo!

I've always been envious of those who can take a beautiful picutre. My dad is a photographer, and I always wished I could follow in his footsteps...

Lex on April 1, 2008 at 11:45 p.m. said...

LTFG - WAHOO Yay another guitar hero fan!! YOU HAVE TO GET ROCKBAND!! lOL you'll love it. you may not like the guitar as much (buttons dont 'click' and are a bit 'mushy') but its SO MUCH FUN!! LOL

Jenn- I'm thrilled to be getting back on track. It really really feels so good! A walk at lunch would be a good thing. Heck my work is ginormous, I could even be a 'social butterfly' for a 1/2 hr and walk around the place (2floors + stairs) to get a bit of a walk in. (generally IF i walk, its about 4 blocks to tim hortons and back)

Jen - i know, the time is crazy!! the feeling is an amazing feeling, and i'm pretty proud of myself if i do say so myself lol. you definitely need to try rockband also. you will love it!!!

Cat - Feels SO good! Today was great. The structure was needed, and I felt so much better!! I'm also envious of your father.. heck, ANYONE who has 'the eye'. I need to get my arse in gear and figure out how to give myself the photog's 'eye'