Thursday, March 13, 2008

Look what I got!




SWEET!

For a while now I've been wanting a Digital SLR. I loooove photography, and when I got my last digicam:

I was pretty pumped. The only problem was all of the options were hidden in sub options and it was hard to get the hang of things.

For Christmas I had one of my girlfriends come over to take Christmas pics of Dave & I:






When she was here she left her Canon XT for us to play with. See here:





Anyway, from that point on I was hooked. I LOVED the manual settings. It was soooo much more easy to use for me, and took beautiful pictures. I can learn so much more with this camera, and I wanted it so bad.
Problem is the $$ it costs for a DSLR.
Yikes.
I really couldn't afford it, but I did buy my bad boy. I will be selling my canon camera as soon as Dave picks up a decent point & shoot that takes videos. I really am going to miss my original Canon because of the video taking itself (and the cool display that turned around) but I am in looooooooooove with my new XT.
YAY!


Anyway, *GRR Blogger** I had a whole BUNCH of stuff posted here, but blogger decided to go bonkers, and it was all lost.

All I said was:

- I'm really hating going to work. I LOVE the work that I do, and I know I do it well, but I dont' exactly work with the best people. Very selfish, & unintelligent people who just fend for themselves.
Did I tell you my bright boss still hasn't mentioned A WORD about my travels? Yea.. If I were to be going I'd essentially have to leave Saturday.. tomorrow is Friday and he's said nothing. Not a 'yay' or 'nay' or anything.
People say I should ask him about it. But ya know what... there've been SO MANY things that I *should* call him on, and I just dont' want to cuz I really think I'll explode. He treats me so low and I don't get it.

- I've been extremely stressed and I know it's because of work, however it's altering my overall mood from the start to even the end of my day. The good thing is Dave isn't here, because chances are I'd take it out on him. The bad thing is i still feel these things. I've tried differnt ways to de-stresserize: read a book, take a bath, work out, hobbies, etc, and nothing works. I don't really want to resort to any sort of medication there may be, but I do think I should go to a doctor. The way I feel and the way I act isn't me anymore, and I'm extremely worried that it may be affecting my relationship with Dave. :(

- WI is tomorrow. I don't expect much at all. I am extremely disappointed with my poor performance this month and I dont' have anyone but myself to blame. It's all good though, because I've kind of come to terms with it. I'd like to go back in full force soon. We'll see how it goes. I'm really wondering if my shitty moods have anything to do with my poor decision making.

I think that was it. Hopefully THIS time blogger saves. Damnit! lol


BTW: If you are in the Halifax area and want photos taken... check out my girl Christine Newhook. She's a doll and takes beautiful pics!



** Edit: ONE MORE THING!! I got my hair cut and as I was blogging earlier I was in the middle of dying it. Since then I've washed it out and waiting to see the results. Pics to follow soon!! **

7 comments:

Living to Feel Good on March 14, 2008 at 5:00 a.m. said...

Awww you two are sooo cute together. Congrats on the camera. I want a new one really bad.

So what are you thinking about BB9? Still watching?

Can't wait to see the hair pics!

Christine on March 14, 2008 at 8:52 a.m. said...

Glad to hear you like your new cam! Still up for getting together Sunday morning to go take photos.. I'm thinkin depending on how drunk I get Saturday night I might get up uber early and brush my teeth (no showering or anything) and head out to the beach for some morning photos. I guess we'll see how drunk I get Saturday. Hahahaaaha. You're always welcome to come with too :D Oh and I have that tripod for you!! I could drop it off sometime this weekend. And thanks for the little promo me! woo :D lol

I don't think anything is going on with your relationship from what I can see with Dave. He's smart and knows that if you're acting at all weird (which I don't think you are) then it's because of other things and not him.

I'll have to pop into your desk to see the new do :D Excited to see the color change! Already told ya I LOVE the cut :D

Oh and WI are depressing for everyone. Remember to WI right when you wake up in the morning before you eat and after you pee. lol.

Cat on March 14, 2008 at 1:15 p.m. said...

I would totally suggest talking to someone about your stress. It is really hard on your mind and body, and if it's affecting your life and your relationships, you should definitely talk to someone. I'm not sure of any meds that 'fix' stress, but I AM positive that speaking with a counsellor, could totally help you learn how to deal with it.

Jen on March 14, 2008 at 3:19 p.m. said...

That's SOOOO exciting about the camera!!! I am getting more into photography too...but I don't seem to have an "eye" for it!!!

That really sucks that they aren't letting you know about work...they should give you a BIT of a heads up (my husbands company is the same way...it's bull!)

I hope you have a stress free weekend!

eurydice on March 18, 2008 at 12:12 p.m. said...

that's a really cool new camera. and the quality of photos is amazing.

seriously if you are feeling stressed and nothing seems to be helping, and you feel more overwhelmed as time passes, it might be anxiety. i would definitely see a doctor just to get an opinion! good luck :o)

Jenn on March 18, 2008 at 1:27 p.m. said...

All of those pics are really cute!! You guys are so photogenic!
And honestly, it really might be a good idea to go see a doctor to help deal with the stress. It's no fun feeling like that. :(

Lex on March 19, 2008 at 12:22 a.m. said...

LTFG: Thanks! We're a couple of goofs lol. I'm ABSOLUTELY still watching BB! I'm hooked on the live feeds and getting ALL the action!

Christine - My tutorial sunday was great & thanks for the Tripod!
With Dave & I, I hope things are good. We have had our issues as of late, and it worries me. :(

Cat: I will get off my ass one day and talk to someone about the stress. I never thought I'd feel like this. Even at my lowest lows in a previous emotionally abusive relationship I never EVER felt like this. It's a weird thing. Sometimes I wonder if it's similar to post traumatic stress disorders where it can just happen later in life.. gahh.

Jen: I'm trying to make myself get the eye lol. I love photography,and now I'm all geared up, I just have to start making use of it. I have good friends who are into photography so a lot of help there!

Eurydice: The camera is awesome!! Chances are it is anxiety. I know I get overworked about the silliest things. I just want to get straightened out. Get back to the old me!

Jenn: Those few pics are good, but there's a lot of silly ones cuz I was talking the whole time. A LOT Of edits lol. So many pics with me looking crazyeyed with my mouth open because I'm trying to distract the situation I guess cuz I feel weird on the lens side of the camera. LOL