Monday, May 26, 2008

Birthday Weekend



So Friday was my birthday and I took the day off work. I knew Dave also had the day off so I thought I'd surprise him and spend the day together, but he'd already made plans to help a buddy set up his surround sound or something. I dont know. So most of the day I had to myself which was alright also. A girl I work with is having a baby, so her last day of work was that Friday. Some folks were having a little shower for her, so I went into work for an hour to attend that which was fun.
Later that night Dave and I along with a couple of friends went to Dinner & a show at a local comedy club Yuk Yuks. The dinner was at the Westin hotel and it was SOOOOOOOOOOOO good!
I had a yummy garden salad as an appetizer (it was practically meal sized!) then for dinner I had penne noodles with sundried tomatoes, roasted peppers with an alfredo sauce. For dessert I had a yummy strawberry & rhubarb shortcake that was to die for. Unfortunately I didn't take *any* pics of the night, but the food presentation was beautiful! They even put tiny flowers in the dessert plate which was too cute.

Anyway, the show at Yuk Yuks was fun. There were a couple of comedians who were just vulgar and I felt a little awkward at times with some of the dirty jokes that they had because we were there with Daves mom, dad & aunt & uncle as well. Then of course, since it was my birthday I was targeted for some jokes, but it was all in good fun! Overall it was a great night, minus the massive headache I got during and after the show. When TOM decides to appear, that is one of my symptoms and it SUX!

Saturday we didn't do much but hang around home, but it was a nice 'nothing' type day.

Sunday morning I had to take dave to the airport again, as he had to go to Albuquerque New Mexico again for 3 weeks for another training class he has to do there. (He teaches Blackberry stuff to call center agents)


Later that night Daves family had a dinner for me for my birthday which was fantastic except for the fact that Dave wasn't there. We had breaded chicken with roasted potatoes and veggies for dinner which was soooooooooo good. Dave's sister in law made this hot fudge cake type dessert which was sooo yummy but soooo heavy. Meh - it was my birthday so it was ok! lol

Today I feel REALLY large. I was watching Two and a half men where they have this crazy chick over for Christmas who makes oodles and oodles of yummy food, but is CRAZY. Anwyay, the guys grew big tummies from all of the food, and when I was watching it today I felt EXACTLY like that. Take a peek:


With Dave gone, this could be a good time to get into a routine of sorts, so when he gets back I can mould him into my routine. We really really need to get back on track. We don't go to the gym anymore, and although we try to eat sensibly, we really don't always make the best choices. So now, with him gone, I can at least work on getting an excersize routine, and when he gets back we can get a meal plan on once again. I have got to lose this tummy, even if it is mostly just a bloaty day today, I know it's not 100% bloat and I have a lot of work to do. I just have to quit procrastinating.
procrastinate



sidenote: After a good talk with my mom (moms know best) I am slowly starting to come to terms with Dave quite likely going to the potential new employer, as I stay back and watch. It still is very hard and very much on my mind, but I'm slowly being able to support him as I should. It still very much sucks that I didn't get the job, and I am quite a bit envious of him going to work there, while I stick back, but it's not as hard as it was earlier. That is a good thing, and it's brought some peace back into our home. Much better than the tense atmosphere.

oh sidenote #2 - Dave got me a 1/2 day at the spa for my birthday. (It was actually kind of funny how he gave it to me. After the dinner & show, we headed to our friends place to play some rockband, and as I was parking he told me to check my blackberry messages so I did. There was an email from him saying something to the works of, "You deserve this and I hope you enjoy" and if I scrolled further, then I saw the electronic reciept of the spa package.... yea, a little "odd" in the delivery, but I still appreciate the gift nonetheless!) Leave it Dave to be Mr.Suave

0 comments: