Monday, May 26, 2008

Tag - I am it!



I'm it! Erin from Going Skinny tagged me. Here are the rules!

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names, linking to them.
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.

Here are my five:
1. I was a dancer at an early age: started dancing at age 3 and did everything from ballet, tap, jazz, ukrainian, etc. Stopped at 16 when it wasn't 'fun' anymore. Seemed to please my grandparents more than anything and I didn't want to do it anymore for *them* when *I* wasn't happy

2. I have one older half brother (same mom) who is 10 years older than me, so in a sense I have 2 dads lol

3. I'd only met dave *in person* 3x before I decided to pack my stuff and move across the country for him. We met through work online (chat program to communicate to peers in other cities, countries etc) and I was smitten with him. We talked for 3 months, he broke up with his *FIANCE* (yea, i said it) and I finally somehow got the courage to leave my INCREDIBLY emotionally abusive boyfriend of 5 years. I went down to meet him 3 months after that (6 months total) in November, he came to see me for New years the next month, and then again he came to visit for Valentines. At the end of March (about 9 months since first talking to him) I moved across the country. (I tell people we met at work, versus telling people I met him online. I don't have a problem with online dating - but it seems to be most associated with dating sites, which isn't at all how we met)

4. My grandfather died on my birthday when I was in grade 4. RIP Gido

5. I smoked steady since I was about 17, then one winter when I was 24 I got REALLY sick where there was *no* possible way that I could smoke given how sick I was. For 5 days I was sick and couldn't smoke, and when I got better, I decided not to smoke again. No patches, no pills, no gum, anything. Cold turkey. All it took was a crazy virus!

I'm not sure who has & hasn't been tagged already, so anyone who sees this feel free to post!!

Now carry on to regularly scheduled blogging below! :)

6 comments:

Carolyn on May 27, 2008 at 8:23 a.m. said...

ok, First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you had a great one.

Seondly, That really sucks about the jobs BUT try to find the positive in every situation. Everything happens for a reason so if you didn't get it this time (stupid technicalilty crap) it must be for some un foreseen reason. I can imagine that it would be difficult to be happy for Dave but try to put yourself in his shoes. I'm sure he feels a little awkward about the whole thing too.

HAve a great one!

Erin on May 27, 2008 at 12:28 p.m. said...

I am way older than my brother, so it is kinda like I am his little mom - so I know what you mean about your brother. I am way bossier than a normal sister.

Cat on May 27, 2008 at 12:55 p.m. said...

OMG....I didn't even post a Happy Birthday message to you! bad cat....

HAPPY FREAKING BIRTHDAY LEX!!!

Also...it's SO great reading random facts about you!! I've been tagged before, and I think it's time I finally write that post!!

Have a great day girl! Big happy Birthday Hug!!

Jenn on May 27, 2008 at 1:22 p.m. said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!

Dave's present to you was really sweet. :)

I'm sorry that Dave is leaving again - but you have such a good attitude. Get back into a routine!! You will feel fabulous once you do. And its really sweet of you to start to support him the way you want to. You're time will come.

The random facts are really fun. Cute story about how the two of you met. You are brave to move that far after only meeting him twice! :)

Anonymous said...

omg that is so cool about you and your bf and how you met!

eurydice on May 27, 2008 at 6:06 p.m. said...

very interesting about the quitting smoking - you are lucky that way!