Monday, May 19, 2008

I heart long weekends!!

I can't believe the May long weekend has come and gone!! Usually it falls closer to my birthday, so it's a constant reminder of growing up, but this year my birthday is at the end of the week.

So a little info about my long weekend:

Saturday morning Dave & I were picked up by his bro & SIL and we began our roadtrip to New Brunswick. It's only about a 4-4.5hr drive, so it's not too bad. Right before we got to Fredrickton, we headed to a place that Daves Bro & SIL would be buying a puppy - a siberian Husky. take a peek:



They've named her Myla and she's SOOOO CUTE!!

i LOVE dogs and I will admit that Siberian Huskies are a little intimidating (it could be their wolfish look, or their eyes, who knows) but after visiting this house, I realized that I had nothing to worry about. These dogs are very intelligent and SO loving. In fact, this family had EIGHT siberian huskies:



they do take them on dogsled races, etc, and they're incredible dogs!!

In this litter of pups, there were 4 dogs, and Myla was the only black/grey one. The rest would turn to be golden so bro & SIL got very lucky! There was one pup that really took to Dave and wasn't spoken for yet. Unfortunately we live in a small apartment so we can't have a dog, but it would have been SO cool for dave's family to have the sister and we had the brother, but until we get a house, there is no dog in the picture:



Speaking of houses, Dave may be getting a new job (and I still wait to hear about mine...) and coincidentally his potential job is at the place I'm waiting for also (different position so he's not competition lol). If all goes well we'll need to move across the bridge from our current city Dartmouth, over to somewhere in Halifax. If we live in Dartmouth and we need to go to Halifax, we do have to pay a bridge toll so it'd just make it easier to move that way to save on bridge toll AND gas. I've been poking around, but not finding much. for one, we can't afford it now, and for two we dont even know if EITHER of us have the job (although I'm pretty positive he got his... I'm a basketcase over mine and losing faith every passing day... I'm a wreck and it's causing issues with Dave & I because I dont know how to NOT Think about it)

*sidenote - I DID email the potential employer but didn't hear anything back yet. So still waiting. *sigh*

Anyway, back to the roadtrip. After seeing the puppies, we continued on to Daves Aunt & Uncle's place for a visit. We ate SOOO much, but it was SOOO good. I learned how to make a quick and easy ice cream cake:

layer a freezable pan with icecream sandwiches
on top of them, put a layer of cool whip
on that layer drizzle whatever you want: chocolate, butterscotch, etc
Then put another layer of icecream sandwiches if tehre's room
repeat the cool whip layer
sprinkle whatever goodie you like on top - we used crushed skor bars

SOO FREAKING EASY
SOO FREAKING GOOD


We headed back home the next day. Today dave & I were up early (9am - we are NEVER up that early on a non-work day lol) so we played rockband for a while, then went to run some errands at walmart.
For dinner I made Fajitas & corn on the cob which was yummers!

tonight I've been catching up on some TV. the Bachelorette begins tonight, so I'm off to watch that!

hope everyone had a great weekend!

6 comments:

Sarah on May 20, 2008 at 11:54 a.m. said...

That puppy is so adorable it's ridiculous!!

Jen on May 20, 2008 at 12:55 p.m. said...

OHMIGOD!!!! I don't know how you could walk away without one!!! I have never been practical...I would have stuck one in my pocket *laughs* this is why Danny wouldn't let me look at puppies when we lived in our apartment!!!

I hope you hear back from the company soon...that is getting a bit ridiculous!!!

And your ice cream cake sounds SOOOOO good!

Cat on May 20, 2008 at 1:18 p.m. said...

Hey lex! I'm so sorry I haven't been around much lately. My posts have been uninspiring and boring too...I'm just feeling rather blah these days....

I do read your blog every day, but I have to do it from work, 'cause for some reason, your blog freezes my computer at home!!

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you for that job! I can't believe you haven't heard back yet? That's a little much huh?

Ok...you guys are all making me drool with your recipes this weekend. That ice cream cake sounds fantastic. Although, would end up in a binge for me for sure!!

hearts!

eurydice on May 20, 2008 at 1:49 p.m. said...

that dog is so cute.... i love huskies :)

Erin on May 20, 2008 at 1:58 p.m. said...

The puppies are so cute! I don't think that I will ever make that cake, it would be VERY dangerous for me to have around!

Lex on May 20, 2008 at 11:27 p.m. said...

Sarah: Oh i know! even moreso in person!

Jen: It was VERY hard not to take that puppy dave was holding. He was adorable! But it woudln't be fair to keep him in our little apartment. that did lead me into looking for a house though ahahha

Cat: WELCOME BACK! i missed ya! I can't believe my blog crashes on ya! (Yours did that to me once, and it was spooky but not anymore *phew*)

Eurydice: agreed! Huskies are very intelligent beautiful dogs. I never really realized it until this weekend.

erin - ya, it is not the best for anyone at-all, but it IS so good. Maybe when your daughter gets older and has birthday parties with lots of children over, they could eat it hahaha. It *is* kind of fun to make, albeit VERY easy!