Wednesday, May 14, 2008

On the verge of breaking down

sad

Yuck. This post and last are very mellow.

I didn't have such a great day today. I can't really focus that much at work. I'm just not really that *into* being there. I kind of zone out and not get a lot accomplished, which makes for a very long day.

i still have NOT heard anything from potential employer. I swear, I'm wondering if I missed an email on my blackberry or something. There was 1 or 2 days where emails would misteriously disappear from my blackberry, but Dave fixed it fairly quickly...but now i'm wondering if I missed an email in there somewhere....
it's the only logical answer... It's been ONE month to the day from my interview. I know a decision was made at *least* one week ago (I emailed them asking for an update, and they told me a decision would be made by mid-week - last Wednesday).

I've heard of other people getting responses (albeit, they'd be in a TOTAL separate department than me... but they got responses nonetheless..) so now I really wonder if i missed something. hopefully not... I think I might email again tomorrow... i'm terrified of bad news. Although the no news is driving me crazy, it's better than bad news... or maybe it isn't.

After work I came home and just broke down. it's been SO hard on me being patient, and trying to stay positive. Today was the one month mark day and that is FRUSTRATING!

*SIGH*

Anyway.

Today my girlfriend asked me to go for sushi, so thats what I had tonight. Edamame, California Rolls & Dynamite rolls for me. MMMMMmmmM I love sushi!
After that, we headed to her place to play a Rockband setlist. This setlist is 58 songs long (meaning, there's 58 songs that have to be played consecutively!) We got to song #20, and then paused it. we'll commence again tomorrow night for sure!

My 26 bday is coming up (May 23) and I've decided that I dont want to wait around for Dave to make a suggestion on something to do, so I've decided that I'll see if folks want to get together for Yuk Yuks. I've nver been, but always wanted to, so I think it'd be fun!

My bday is on Friday, and then Dave laeves again for Albequerque NewMexico for three weeks.
Ugh.

Perfect time to leave. :(

The good news is that he should be back in time for his younger brother's graduation. I'd be PISSED if he had to miss it for stupid work travel.

anyway, sorry for the crappy mood. I can't shake it!

5 comments:

healthy ashley on May 15, 2008 at 12:10 a.m. said...

I think you are awesome. And at 26, none of that should be expected of you. You have Dave and are maintaining a (good?) job and widening your horizons by looking for a different job. And I am impressed by your travels. Twenty-six IS young- you're living life, don't get too worried about those other things. As my mom says, "You'll have plenttttyyy of time for all of the other things!"

healthy ashley on May 15, 2008 at 12:12 a.m. said...

(That last comment was meant for the other post!) But about this one: I'm sorry Dave has to leave. I couldn't imagine how hard that would be. David and I have lived over 2 hours away for 2 years now, only seeing each other on weekends, and that is so trying to me. So I couldn't imagine 3 weeks.

Jen on May 15, 2008 at 1:55 p.m. said...

aw, don't feel bad for feeling bad!! I would definitely email the company...that is pretty ridiculous to not hear ANYTHING!!! shame on them!

Sounds like you had a good night at least! AND that you are going to have a good weekend as well!!!

Sarah on May 16, 2008 at 11:43 a.m. said...

Call them! Seriously, it can't hurt, it's not like you're calling on a daily basis. I think that calling once a week when the 'deadline' that they informed you the decision would be made has passed is completely in your right and in no way out of line or pushy or intrusive. Honestly, I did it for the job I currently have. It turned out for me that the extra time was simply the business having a super busy schedule (hence why they needed more people!)

Erin on May 16, 2008 at 2:29 p.m. said...

Argh...waiting sucks. I think that I would call also. If they still haven't gotten to a decision, they they will just tell you that and then you will feel so much better.

Make sure you do some fun stuff this weekend to get your mind off of it and force yourself into a happier mood.

I did that last weekend with some shopping!