Monday, May 12, 2008

A mother's Weekend

First off let's talk about Friday's WI: 154.6. Up a little from a few days earlier but I really dont' think the large amounts of watermelon AND popcorn (weird mix, I know) I had the night prior helped, so we'll see what happens next Friday.
I do plan on heading back to the gym very shortly because last night Dave told me my burn is now just pink skin, so I don't even need the bandage anymore. The burn doesn't hurt at all anymore either. Wahoo! I get to go back and be rough and tough and buff and stuff!

This weekend was full of mom! (Well... Dave's mom. My mom is wayyy across the country back at home). Dave's mother's birthday was on Saturday, so we all headed out to his brother's place for a Ham & potatoes dinner. It was SOOO GOOOD! After that, Dave, his brother, sister in law and I headed out to the movie theaters to watch Harold & Kumar escape from Guantanamo Bay.
SO FUNNY!
*If you like the stupid funny... which I do*
If you dont, then it could be a rental..
(At the movie, once again, not the best choices: Coke + Large popcorn and some nibs.) I didn't finish all of the popcorn, but I will be snacking on it tonight cuz I love a few day old popcorn for some reason LOL.

Sunday was mother's day so we headed out to his moms house for the entire day. Dave gave his mother a GREAT poem that he made which made her cry. It was so sweet. The rest of the day was her telling stories about when she was younger and showing us pictures. we loved it! For dinner we had Meatloaf with mashed potatoes and mixed veggies, along with some carrot cake leftover from her birthday the night before.

Thats the weekend in a nutshell.

I still have NOT heard from potential employer. The weekend was good for me cuz it gave me a chance to CHILL because I knew i wouldn't hear anything on a weekend. Now it's a weekday again... 5 FULL weekdays so hopefully I hear something soon. This is nuts!! lol

This upcoming long weekend (Victoria Day long weekend for Canada) we will be doing a road trip out to NewBrunswick with Dave's Bro + Sis in law. They are buying a Siberian husky which is now 3 weeks old in that area, so we'll go get to see the pup. (From the pics we've seen she's SOOOOOOO CUTE!!) After that we'lll be going to visit Dave's uncle & aunt. I've never been to New Brunswick so it'll be fun!!

Happy Monday to all!

3 comments:

Erin on May 12, 2008 at 2:10 p.m. said...

Mmmm....movie popcorn. I want to go see Indiana Jones when it comes out, and I am totally getting popcorn.

That sucks about the employer! Hopefully they call soon, waiting is no fun.

eurydice on May 12, 2008 at 4:42 p.m. said...

I love old popcorn too. :) I'm happy your burn is better finally!

eurydice on May 12, 2008 at 4:43 p.m. said...

I love old popcorn too. :) I'm happy your burn is better finally!