Monday, June 2, 2008

Wow, it's been a whole week!

Jeepers creepers... It's been a while!

Just a brief update on some of the things happening with me:

1) Well this first one has to do with Dave, he got the job!!!! He's SOOO excited to be leaving our company, and going to the new one. He's been wanting to get in so bad, and has applied numerous times in the past year and he's FINALLY in!! It's kind of a long story, but all in all, he got a job that he IS EXTREMELY thrilled over!! and as an added bonus, he gets to fly home one week early so he can use up some of his remaining vacation and get all of his expenses cleared up from the trip. WAHOO!

2) I applied for a new position at the potential employer. It's interesting because I thought the last position was *ME* 100%. I was totally qualified, but it had more to do with my previous job I had rather than the one I have now. Anyway, this position that I've applied for is IDENTICAL to what I do now... like to a "T" but with the company I've been wanting to be with: (better company, more money, more benefits, & JOB SATISFACTION!)

3) Last friday I was up a pound. 155.6. I'm not sure if I updated it, but if not I will shortly.

4) This weekend was kind of a write off. On Friday I did go to a friends birthday which was a lot of fun, but Saturday was the write off. I did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Sunday I spent most of the day fiddling with my laptop because for some reason it kept shutting off by itself. (Sidenote, my MAIN computer that I use won't even turn on. It never fails, whenever Dave leaves something goes wrong with the computers that is not fixable by little ol' me. This same thing happened back in november when he travelled during his birthday. I'd wanted to make a digital scrapbook but my pc with ALL of our pictures broke and wouldn't turn on. I had to frantically find someone to extract my pictures without actually fixing the camera. Tough work. All in all, the digital scrapbook DID work and it turned out GREAT. It just proves my bad computer karma i have)
...wow, that was a long sidenote...
The rest of Sunday was me taking an online course. I am now officially Tier 2 BlackBerry support certified! Wahoo!! lol

5) I went to a little 'famous' diner in my town. i've never been here before, but a few friends wanted to go out to eat and picked this place John's Lunch.
The price was GOOD and the food was GREAT! If ya like seafood ( I had calamari... I'm not really a seafood person) then this is the place to go!

6) Time to watch the Bachelorette. (I think i'm missing something here - how the heck did her & Ellen get so close???)

Hope everyone is doing well!! I have a lot of catching up to do!

6 comments:

tash on June 2, 2008 at 11:24 p.m. said...

Hi! I've been lurking on your blog for a bit - and just realized that you must be in the Halifax area by your mention of John's Lunch (very yummy place). So I wanted to say "hi!" from a fellow Haligonian (although I am in Toronto now).

My blog is private, but email me at wirtanen@dal.ca if you want access :)

Anonymous said...

Ellen and her got so close because DeAnna was a guest on the show and Ellen revealed to her during that show that she was gonna be the next bachelorette. I pvr'd it and can't wait to watch it tonight, i am addicted already.

I wish you so much luck with that job. I really hope it works out for you.

Carolyn on June 3, 2008 at 2:06 p.m. said...

I hope you get the job! I'm sending lots of good vibes your way. Job hunting is SOOO stressful! But stay positive, imagine yourself already working there (ever read "The Secret?")

Ok, so who are we liking for the Bachelorette? I like the guys that has the kid. Seems sweet. And the guy that Ellen gave the rose to last night. I fell asleep though...who got kicked off??

Cat on June 3, 2008 at 2:36 p.m. said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you Lex!

And congrats to the BF on his new job! that's awesome!

Jen on June 3, 2008 at 6:09 p.m. said...

I hope you get this new job!!! That would be really exciting for you Lex, PLUS you deserve it!!!

You are so tech savvy, I love it!!! I always whine to Danny to fix my stuff...

eurydice on June 4, 2008 at 1:36 p.m. said...

that's great your boy got the job he wanted! and good luck with your new job prospect as well.