Monday, January 5, 2009

I've got a keeper

My BF is such a sweetheart.

Today was my first day back to work after a couple of weeks, and to kickstart my morning he made a scrumptious breakfast. Scrambled eggs with red, yellow, orange peppers & onions thrown in the mix, with 2 slices of maple bacon.
Now.. not really a breakfast of champions, but damn it was good! He doesn't work until 11am, but he set his alarm for 7am to get up and make me brekkie.
DOES IT GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT?

(oh, I should point out he made omelettes for ourselves + another couple Sunday morning... all-by-himself... in fact, he kicked me out of the kitchen on several occasions!)

Yup... definitely a keeper.

I wasn't tagged for this survey, but I saw it on Good Gals Inc's blog so I thought I'd give it a go.

Here are the details of this survey/tag:

Rules:
List the 10 reasons why you are losing weight
Tag 5 other
Be sure to post these rules on your post
Be sure to link the blog that tagged you
See, simple, right?

10 of my reasons for losing weight are:


1) I am NOT at all happy with my body. My confidence and self esteem has dropped tremendously since I've gained weight, and I want to feel good about my image again.

2) I want to feel comfortable in a bathing suit. I think it takes a lot of courage to walk around in a bathing suit/bikini with a low self image, and I don't think I have it. I would like to just feel confident in my skin and not feel as though the whole world is looking at me, wondering if I am preggo due to my jelly belly.

3) I need to feel energized again. I have really not done a lot of excersizing lately and I get so pooped just walking up a flight of stairs. I don't even remember huffing so badly when I was a smoker! I will definitely use excersize as a weight loss technique, which, in turn will help me get my energy levels up again.

4)I will be standing in a wedding in July, and I want to look and feel great for all of the photos!

5) There is a big possibility I could be marrying Dave someday soon (not engaged, but it's a possibility) and when that time comes, I'd rather be stressing about wedding planning preparations, than my weight! hahaha

6) I want to take control of my health and understand that the choices I make achieve results. That may not make sense, but right now I don't really think much about my health. If I were to eat better and excersize more I would see results, and that would give me the satisfaction in knowing I was able to take full control of my actions.

7) I miss my old clothes! A lot of my tops have turned into belly shirts... literally, and I really miss my old jeans! I still have them in a box, and I don't reaaaaaaaaaaallly think I'll be able to wear them, but if i can at least pull my old jeans up past my thighs I will be a very happy camper even if they don't zip/button up!!

8) I want people to stop thinking I am pregnant. (silly, I know, but it gets old!)

9) I want to be a motivator for Dave. If he sees that I can do it, not only will he be proud of me, but I think it'll have a chain reaction and it will keep him working his hardest to achieve positive results.

10) In the end, Just want to know that i can do it. I want to see myself put a plan of action into motion and actually successfully follow through with it.

Well, thats it. Not the most fabulous list, but there it is.

I am tagging:
Cat
Kadee
Heather
Jen
Carolyn






Happy Monday Everyone!

5 comments:

DietCokeStraightUp on January 5, 2009 at 6:35 p.m. said...

I'm so happy you took part in the list!! Thank you so much for checking my blog out!! Did you join the Biggest Loser??? We can do this!!!

Jen on January 5, 2009 at 6:43 p.m. said...

What a fantastic tag!! I love it!!!

I know what I will be doing tomorrow!!

i had a friend who got asked if she was pregnant...she was LIVID!!! Why can't we just gain in boobs and ass???

Cat on January 6, 2009 at 2:48 p.m. said...

Yay! I'll have something to blog about tomorrow! Thanks Lex

eurydice on January 6, 2009 at 3:23 p.m. said...

those ten reasons are great - esp. the bathing suit one (i hear ya) and the maybe engaged one day soon but not yet one ;)

Lex on January 6, 2009 at 9:40 p.m. said...

Good Gals Inc - heck yeah I joined! It looks like we're on the same team! :)

Jen - ugh, it really bites when people ask if I'm preggo....gahh - oh well, after this challenge hopefully that stops!