Sunday, January 4, 2009

Time to get back into the swing of things

Holy moly, I've had 1.5 weeks off work and it has been AWESOME! I've really gotten used to staying up very late and sleeping in extremely late. Talk about lazy, but I needed it. My last vacation I took was back in June when I went home to Edmonton...but I was always so "go-go-GO" on the vacation and I never really got a lot of downtime. It is going to be haaaaaaaaaard waking up early and going to work tomorrow morning... that, combined with my busy Monday schedule is going to make for a nutso day at work.
Oh well, it will be nice getting back into a routine of sorts.
Tomorrow is also the day Dave and I start getting our butts into gear and getting healthy for 2009.
He has decided to do the P90x training system, and is quite pumped about that. He has read a lot of reviews and apparently it is VERY hard, but the success rate has been VERY high... so we'll see how that goes. He is damn well determined to be ruthless to himself and get his butt into gear, so that is positive.

I don't think I can work my body to the extremes listed in P90x, and I am sticking with the Jillian Michaels "Making the Cut" fitness plan. It is a predetermined diet + excersize plan to follow for 30 days. I don't think I'll start tomorrow since we haven't gone grocery shopping so I won't be able to follow the strict eating plan, plus, I haven't even finished the book yet, so my start will probably be in the next few days. (NOT excuses, just being realistic... I don't want to start it until I am absolutely ready)
I will also be using Jillians video "30 day Shred". I haven't finished her book so I dont' know how the 2 plans combined will work, but I'm sure it'll be okay to use both plans combined.
I have also read a lot of positive reviews regarding the book and the video, so I am super duper pumped. I have set a goal to try to get to 130lbs by April 26, the end of the Biggest Loser Blog Edition... so we'll see how it goes. I really have to also be ruthless in order to achieve this goal.
I will be standing in my bff's wedding in July, and also reeeeeeeeeeeeeallly want to try to go to another trip down south this year, so I definitely have quite a few thingsn to use as motivation.

Now, I need to ask my fellow bloggers a question:
I am allergic to nuts... I have not been tested to see the different types of nuts I am allergic to, so for now I steer clear of them all. The problem sits in my meal plan... quite a few of the snacks call for handfulls of nuts. What could I eat to subsitute the nuts (cashews, pistachios, peanut butter, etc).
I want to try and stick to the meal plan as close as I possibly can, but things like peanut butter, etc are absolutely not an option for me.
Help!

3 comments:

Jen on January 4, 2009 at 10:26 p.m. said...

WOOHOO!!!! Go girl!!!!!

Hm...I am not sure what you could substitute for nuts...anything with protein and good fats??? I really don't know...I would think cheese and dried fruit or something (something along the lines of trail mix without nuts?)

Fatinah on January 4, 2009 at 10:48 p.m. said...

how 'bout a hard boiled egg? or a couple of slices of turkey or ham? or a snack size piece of cheese (I like the ones that come individually packaged for portion control), or some cottage cheese with fruit?

Karen on January 5, 2009 at 3:50 p.m. said...

I too am allergic to peanuts! Fortunatley I am not allergic to other nuts but I tend to avoid them because of the contamination risk. For a peanut butter substitute I use No Nuts Golden Pea Butter (they do have a web site). It is made from a variety of pea and to me (who hasn't had real PB since she was 6)it is pretty darn close to the real thing.
Hope that helps a bit!