Tuesday, February 3, 2009

GINORMOUS thanks to my Blogger peeps!

I really REALLY appreciate the comments from my post yesterday. I took a lot of what was said to heart, and it really helps to get a different perspective. I definitely think I am going to try and let this one go... and try even HARDER not to bring it up in the future when the inevitable discussion of our *funds* comes up again.
In fact, the laptop is sitting next to me and I can actually LOOK at it now!

Today I only worked a 1/2 day at work today since we got hit with yet *ANOTHER* winter storm.... This time a lovely Nor'Easter. The snow AND rain AND wind came and hit us fairly early, but I had to wait for Dave to get a full 4hrs into work before I could take off with him. The drive home is usually about a 7min drive, however we have a road that is on a slight incline that made it a bit challenging to get home. I am driving without winter tires (I know I know... I am crazy) so the drive up the hill was intense. I thought for SURE we'd get stuck, but somehow I made it up successfully and into my nice, warm, heated parkade! hehe

Since I was home early I decided to organize my closet (finally). I bought a closet organizer from Canadian Tire a while back and it's been sitting in the box for a few weeks now. (The site shows 79.99, but I got it on sale for $49.99! Yay!) I put the kit together and it definitely helps out slightly, but I need some baskets and bins to put some straggly clothes (ie- tanktops that just dont' hang up properly).

For dinner tonight I made Cat's Fake Out Mac n Cheese again here and here. This time I made the cheese sauce much better than last time, and I even added broccoli this time. It was pretty yummers!!

Here is where I insert my random AWWW AREN'T THEY CUTE photo for you all!
Meet Jade (Brown tabby) and Ceasar (Grey). My two fur babies. Seeing them like this is way too funny for me because they aren't your typical cuddly-wuddly kitties. They fight ALL of the time (see here)! They aren't allowed up on our new leather couch (see here ... JADE did this not only on my shoes, but on my old couch as well) so they had to learn to play nice and sleep together hehe.




Awww, they're soo cute, right?? hehe

And both of those pics were taken in a low light room with my wonderfully fantastic BlackBerry Curve 8900 (aka Javelin) (LOVE LOVE LOVE it!)
Sidenote: I LOVE working for R I M ... this device was not a perk, it was a gift from Dave for christmas... but I actually walk around with TWO BlackBerrys... a Red Curve and my 8900 Curve.... SILLY... I know! BUT one is for work (data/email, etc) and the other is for voice (and other data kept to a minimum)

Anyway, I felt like I was in some sort of a linky/pictury mood, so I hope you enjoy this post!!


Also, I have been changing my blog design around pretty frequently... I will probably stick with this one until at least after Valentine's day. (I am not really a 'pink' person)

4 comments:

Unknown on February 3, 2009 at 10:26 p.m. said...

The faux mac and cheese looks delicious. In my not so healthy days would have mac and cheese and lil smokies all the time. So I might try this with my new favorite - turkey chedder bratwurst.

You cats are so cute!!

Jen on February 4, 2009 at 12:12 p.m. said...

I like the new look of the blog!!! But yeah it's very "Valentine-y" but I am a girly girl, so I love it!

I WISH my cats would settle down!!! Our kitten is a little badass and he always kicks the older cat out so he can steal her spot...then she bites his neck and he bites her butt and there is lots of growling...one day *fingers crossed* - AND one of our cats did the peeing thing on our futon one day...I don't know which one it was though and why!!!

You are so spoiled with all the blackberries!!! I have ONE! Though I want a curve, I am absolutely in love with my pearl right now!

eurydice on February 4, 2009 at 3:27 p.m. said...

oooh nice signature hehehe. i have got to try that fake out mac and cheese. i thought about your situation a little more and you are good to let it go. money is only money after all and it's what he really wants. you don't want him to associate you with the word NO ;)

Cat on February 4, 2009 at 6:45 p.m. said...

I'm so glad you feel better. It's always challenging co-habitating, no matter how happy you are, there are little things that get in the way and make things rocky at times!

Your kitties are awesome-cute, and I'm so stoked that you're enjoying that mac&Cheese!! yayyy!