Monday, March 9, 2009

Mishmash of sorts...

Well I can FINALLY say I got to workout today! I did my Cardio X P90x workout today and hated every minute of it but... i DID it!! Towards the end I was hollering at Tony on my TV when he was getting us to do SUPERMAN BANANAS... I'll supermanbanana you Tony!!

Banana Roll

It sounds silly, and it even looks silly, but it is oh-so effective. You start on your back with your legs extended and off the floor, and your arms extended overhead with your chest off the floor. Maintaining that position, and without letting your arms or your legs drop, you go through a series of rolls onto both sides, as well as your stomach. Less than halfway through the set you'll be struggling to hold the proper form.


Superman Banana

The Banana movement was described above, and in the Superman Banana move, you quickly alternate back and forth between Banana, and the Superman pose, which is laying on your stomach with your legs and arms fully extended, and up off of the ground. It is very difficult to hold either of those positions once you start to get tired, and you can modify the height of your arms or legs in order to make it easier or harder.


Anyway, since booking my trip to Dominican Republic and trying on some bikinis... I have realized HOW BADLY I need to lose some inches.... I did not like what i was seeing in the mirror... oh... and how HARD is it to find a suit that fits (and isn't oodles of $$). I tried Aqua but I have been feeling a little cheap lately. I did end up buying a tankini from walmart today, so maybe I'll just have that one as my new suit and just keep the ones I wore last year.
meh

Anyway, this weekend had its ups and downs. BF and i had a huge argument on Friday. Long story short, he THOUGHT I said something to insult him at work when he was trying to help me, but in actuality i wasn't... not even close. When he came to see me at work he snapped at me... in front of my coworkers... which is A HUGE NONO. I was so embarassed and i couldn't believe he did that. So when we got home i explained how wrong on so many levels that was, and he agreed. We had been having some issues so I think he was just fired up really easily.
After we sorted everything out we went to Quiznos for supper then went to watch the Watchmen. WAY TOO LONG. I didn't really enjoy the movie... it was just, just WAY too drawn out, but it was nice to get out.
Saturday i spent the whole day shopping... and not really buying anything. It was nice to just get out.
Sunday we had a turkey dinner at his parents place. Mmmmm soooo freaking good! My favvvvvvvvvorite meal!
That brings us back to today. Work actually went by fairly quickly which is nice. I am sad there is no more bachelor, but I can't wait for dancing with the stars. melissa from the bachelor will be the replacement for Nancy Odell or whatever her name is.

Oh - and I am super concerned that I may not get to vacation with Cat. :( booo. i hope somehow it works out and she gets to come to the Majestic with me in beautiful DR! How cool would that be!!

I hope everyone has a great week!

7 comments:

farm girl. on March 9, 2009 at 8:30 p.m. said...

and saturday was such a BEAUTIFUL day to do some shopping - finally made it to dartmouth crossing.

yea to getting the workout in - even if you were cursing by the end of it!

sarah sundae on March 9, 2009 at 8:33 p.m. said...

Oh Glad you updated. I just purchased P90X and I can't wait to try it out. Hopefully it will come sometime this week!!

I can't wait for "Dancing with the Stars" either!

Glad you are feeling better and congrats on your weight loss this week, too.

Cat on March 9, 2009 at 10:00 p.m. said...

I want to come so badly! Blame stupid Air Canada vacations who got my bloody hopes up by posting that deal and then letting it sit there all sold out!!

We're still looking though. I really am hoping for D.R. Mike is leaning towards cancun..... I'll keep trying to work my persuasive ways!!

At least I'll for sure be able to see you in the fall with Jen.

Yay for getting your work out in...booo for the fight with bf.....Glad you guys sorted it out!!

xoxo

sarah sundae on March 9, 2009 at 10:52 p.m. said...

Oh I have one question: Do you have the pull up bar? Because I didn't buy that. Not sure I could use it never mind hang it in my apartment. ha ha!

Angela Power on March 10, 2009 at 10:38 a.m. said...

I've never tried the "banana" one, but do the "superbanana" one in yoga and it's super effective. Must try the banana one! :-D

Booooo on the vacay's not working out :-( that makes me sad because I was all excited for you too to hang out! lol

Yeah BIG NO NO on the snapping in front of co-workers thing. I would have killed the mister when we got home.

eurydice on March 10, 2009 at 12:53 p.m. said...

i think all women hate bathing suit shopping - i know i do!

thanks for the tip about the watchmen. i hate long movies. i read the book for my bookclub and it was hard to get through!

DietCokeStraightUp on March 11, 2009 at 2:26 a.m. said...

Those are the worst!!! When you flip and do one after the other!!! I also usually scream at the guy but that is mainly because his talking drives me nuts!!!!