Monday, March 16, 2009

Reviews please - Netti pot (regular post to follow later today)

So I suffer from crazy congestion... all of the time. My sinuses are messed up. I know it is a result of my allergies:
- cats
- dust
- smelly (stinky) perfume
- cigarette smoke
- pollen
- air exchanger air in office buildings
The list goes on....

Someone at work suggested using a Netty pot. I have read about it and watched videos (I will post the creepiest netty pot video ever) but I wanted to see if you bloggers had any experience with this product.
A few more people at work have tried it - even with just using a gatorate bottle to squeeze the fluids - and apparently it doesn't hurt, and it does work. I am still looking to hear more feedback!

Let me know what you think, and let me know how it worked for you if you've used it.

Now here's a product info video that uses the creepiest spokesperson ever:

3 comments:

tash on March 16, 2009 at 1:25 p.m. said...

My husband, who is a 2nd year med student (so more educated about health then a normal person - at least I hope so!) uses one and loves it. He finds it really makes a difference.

sarah on March 16, 2009 at 8:18 p.m. said...

I've always wanted to try it but haven't. I'm always stuffed up. Hope it works for you.

Angela Power on March 17, 2009 at 9:59 a.m. said...

I have had chronic sinus infections since september and have tried the netti pot for the first time a few months ago. For me, for the actual sinus infection it didn't help and it burned a little bit, but anyone who has ever used them for regular sinus issues can't say enough good things about them. If you are going to give it a try, I'd spend the money on the actual netti pot and not use a gatorate bottle because the shape of them help alot. Plus you want to use the little salene packs that come with it to make sure the solution is clean and sterile. My doc ended up telling me to stop using it, but only because it wasn't helping me and she prescribed a steroid one.