Saturday, April 11, 2009

Catching up on some much needed "me" time

My apologies for STILL being MIA but I haven't been my usual self lately. I've been home alone all week and have been basking in the alone time. See, before Dave left, we got into quite a huge spat (he even suggested couples councelling....) so I've had a lot to think about this week.
As a result I haven't been exercising. (I tried to do Shred one day, but I had eaten TERRIBLY that day and had 0 energy when I got home. I coudln't even fight through the 25 minutes... eek) My eating has been so-so, I knew it'd be difficult eating on my own but I've been trying to keep up with my fruits and granola for brekkie, whole wheat wrap for lunch, so supper isn't AS MUCH of a gongshow!

Two weeks from today I will be in sunny (hopefully) Dominican Republic!!! It's very exciting! I was sooo excited researching for the trip, and right around the time we paid for the trip, but now it seems like the excitement has left me :(
Perhaps its the fighting BF and I have been doing, who knows... As much as I want to go on vacation, I can see it as just another week where we dont' face our issues. Hopefully its ends up being a fantastic vacation!

So I finally found myself a new family doctor. I am *terrible* at going and doing the necessities as an adult: doctor/eye doctor/ etc etc, so I am proud that I found one, did the consult, so now I'm having things looked at! I have TERRIBLE sinus problems. My nose is always stuffy, and runs all the time also. I have gotten used to not being able to breath through my nose, but I'd like to fix that. Next week-ish I'll be going to get an xray of my sinuses to see what is up. Oohh, I also got a tetanus shot so now lock j aw for me!! hahah

Anyway, I hope I haven't abandoned my readers too much. :(
I miss y'all and I hope to catch up with you!!

2 comments:

Jen on April 12, 2009 at 12:52 a.m. said...

no worries girl!! i have been a terrible blogger lately too! I have been enjoying "me" time so much lately that I haven't made time for many other people!

I am really sorry to hear about you and BF fighting...I know how terrible fights can be and I really hope that you guys can work through it...it DOES help to bring the problems to the surface and don't let it fester...this was a huge part of mine and Danny's pre-marital counseling and really, we now just have "spats" about stupid stuff...which isn't necessarily any better!! But you know!! *laughs*

I can't believe your trip is coming up!!!

Cat on April 12, 2009 at 4:32 a.m. said...

That totally sucks that things are a little rocky with the BF....I think it's a great sign though, that he was willing to go to counselling, because a LOT of guys would never admit that they could use some help to get through things.....

All I can say is that everyone and every relationship has ups and downs, and the important thing in the end is respect and love, and if you have those, you will work through it.

Hang in there Lex....I know it's tough.....I'm here for you!