Monday, June 15, 2009

Home alone for 2 weeks

What to do, what to do.

I lie - I have a bunch of stuff I can do. My mom sent me her old bedroom set all the way from Edmonton and so that means I have OODLES of arranging to do! You have no idea how terrible my room has been since we moved into our new place in November.
Literally - it looked the same as the day we moved in. Boxes & all. I had next to no furniture so I had no place to put anything so a bunch of stuff remained in the boxes in the corner of the room. A bedroom should be a sanctuary of sorts... a place where you can relax & unwind...my room... not so much. It was just a big empty room, kind of like a hospital room (with tonnes of clothes thrown around everywhere of course! LOL).
So now that I have ACTUAL FURNITURE I will be taking some time to organize my stuff. Dave has his own 'manland' room with his own closet & drawers so I have an entire closet + a whole bedroom set all to myself. My problems of organization are hopefully solved. Next up on my plate will be decorating the room.

My first Flirty Fit class took place on Friday and dave's sis in law & I had a blast. It was just the 2 of us but it was sooo much fun! I was definitely feeling it the next day! The owner was pretty sweet - she gave us a little goody bag to make up for her mistake of not calling us to cancel last week.

I HOPE to somehow win the possible Booty Camp giveaway from Angie - if not I am definitely interested in signing up (should my funds allow). I have only a few weeks left until the wedding in Edmonton and I'd love to slim down a bit (well... a lot, but as much as 4-5 weeks will allow). Also, not to mention, I bought a few pairs of Seven for all Mankind Jeans off ebay that I am *so* close to fitting into.

That's it for today!

I cannot WAIT to see all of the pics of the TO trip with the ladies!!! It sounds like the trip was sooo much fun!!!!


Also, don't forget to pledge me here for the CIBC run for the cure! (No presure! haha) I am at 34% of my goal right now. Lots of time to go, but I want to make it!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha at the manland room :) J has one too!

I LOVE getting new furniture and re-organizing, so much fun even if it is a bit of work.

Glad you enjoyed the Flirty Fit class. I'm thinking of joining that bootcamp too, would be fun for a bunch of us to do for sure!

Angela Power on June 16, 2009 at 3:58 p.m. said...

I hope you win too!!!!!! But I swear I'm not playing favourites and it'll be a random integer thing - the girl still has to get back to me on the logistics for people who don't have a bootcamp in their area, so we shall see! If not I hope you sign up too! We can get our arses kicked and then glance at each other and fall over laughing (when they're not looking of course!) ;-)

New furniture! WTG Mom!