Saturday, June 20, 2009

Spice it up!

Ok, so I still have my core group of Followers, just not a lot of commenters. I am thinking I need to spice things up a bit! My Blogger hiatus a while back didn't help things, so now that I'm back in the game I need to make it interesting for my readers!

So today I woke up super sore from Flirty Fit so I pretty much just hung around the house and played Sims3 (guilty pleasure). I figured I had to get out and do something later in the afternoon so I decided to hit up Winners to see what I could score. I tried on 10 things (dresses, tops, exercise stuff) and ended up with 3 things - cheapo black tanktop (wifebeater style), green nike t-shirt, and grey cropped yoga pants.
I needed to stock up on some food at home so I headed over to Superstore and got some fruits (plums, nectarines, watermelon, lychees) and some other odds & ends. The "Joe" clothing line in the Superstore I went to has seemed to expand a bit so I browsed around and got a purple tank top and a shirt to Support Breast Cancer.

Someone on Facebook sent me a link to a page for a girl in my hometown (Edmonton) who has been diagnosed with breast cancer at age 25.
Twenty-five.
...
She talks all about her stages of treatment and things she does to raise money for breast cancer research. I first saw that joe t-shirt on her page and decided I had to pick one up for myself.
(For a truly inspiring read, please join that page and read her notes/blogs about the treatment. She really is an inspiration.)

I didn't feel like cooking supper tonight so I was on the lookout for some quiche at Superstore but found this instead:


Naan bread with black forest ham & cheddar cheese.
I broiled it up in the oven (whoopsies a bit too long) and had it for supper! It was delicious *even though* I cooked it a bit too much! I think we all need a little *crunch* in our lives, don't you?? :)

As a snack I ate these organic fruit thingies I found in the *healthy section* of Superstore.


I have had these before and I absolutely love them. I brought them to work before and no one really liked them, but I sure did! I'm thinking they definitely hit my 'candy tooth/sweet tooth' craving.

The rest of the night I spent watching the new (?) Paris Hilton's BFF show thingy. Cheap thrills once again. TOM has arrived and my tummy is doing loops...yeah me.

Good luck with the run tomorrow, Lynn!

Edit: Oh yah - I signed up for Sparkpeople. I am liking the site - it's putting things into a CRAZY perspective! I went way over my cals + fat/day. eek.

Lots of work to do!

4 comments:

Cat on June 20, 2009 at 11:43 p.m. said...

I'm sad to admit that I have watched the first two seasons of Paris Hilton's BFF....so sad!

Hope you're feeling better sweetie! I hate that feeling!!

xoxo
C

Anonymous said...

I've had one of those Naan pockets before, they are really yummy!

I used Sparkpeople for a while too, I loved being able to track all my nutrient levels.

Thanks for the shout Lex!

PS. I think we all have those guilty pleasures like Paris's BFF. I'm totally into Gossip Girl, lol ;)

Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) on June 21, 2009 at 3:42 p.m. said...

SparkPeople is great! I used it for quite some time before I decided that "tracking" points or calories was just too much of a mindf*ck for me. :P

Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) on June 21, 2009 at 3:43 p.m. said...

P.S. I think you need to update your sidebar with my new blog address - http://last-nights-leftovers.com

:D