Monday, August 24, 2009

And all was well

Not too much to gab about today. 

This weekend I picked Dave up from the airport – his original flight was CANCELLED when he got to the South Carolina airport and so he quickly had to find another alternative to get home.  There was practically NO wiggle room since the next day Hurricane Bill was coming and all flights were cancelled.

After travelling 2hrs to another nearby airport he somehow managed to find an Air Canada flight that took him to Toronto and then back home.  He was 8hours off schedule but I was still happy!! The poor guy was SO tired though since he’d pulled an all nighter the night before his flight.  Eek!

This weekend Hurricane Bill arrived.  I’ve never really experienced a hurricane before so I was definitely SO happy Dave was home and I wasn’t alone.  We were quite lucky that the hurricane did not hit land – I guess had it come in 80more kilometers everything would have been MUCH worse!

Here are some pics of the ocean I took shortly after Bill left.

Hurricane Bill (57) 004

HurricaneBill (2)

HurricaneBill (22)

So overall I am glad we were all prepped.  It almost seems like people were disappointed that the hurricane wasn’t as bad as Hurricane Juan was….. but I mean c’mon.  Careful what you wish for.  Would you want to be sitting on your driveway with a shingle in your hand from your uplifted roof????? Yeah… I didn’t think so! LOL!  Plus, we are only at “B”…(for “Bill” – the storms are named alphabetically) so I’m sure there will be several more storms to watch this year. 

Eating this week has been so-so.  I honestly am finding it fairly challenging to stay within my point value for Weight Watchers.  Granted – I have gone out to eat, once to Moxies, once to Brewdebakers which is definitely not good.  Even still, when I look at the point values from the food I eat at home, I’m still cutting it real close or going over my daily points target.  Hrmm… I think this will take some time to manage (for me anyway) but I’ll start to figure it all out. 

I also need to start GETTING ACTIVE! Heck, I have a mini gym in my place that I have used ONCE in the year I’ve been here… I need to take advantage of that AND take advantage of the decent weather outside as cool weather is not far away at all.  Halifax has had it’s 1 week of summer, which was last week (Hello consecutive 30C+ days!!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pics, where did you go to take those? It's truly that HB was a bit disapointing but I'm glad it wasn't anything like Juan b/c that was just a mess.

Yup, you're right on the one week of summer thing...

farm girl. on August 24, 2009 at 9:30 p.m. said...

Loce the pics of the ocean! I somewhat wish we had of ventured out...but i absolutely didn't mind the lazy, hazy day.

It's crazy the points in stuff, ehh? Part of what made me discontinue was that i had dropped in points allowed, so it was making it really hard to keep within the limits...but we can do it, it'll just take a little figuring out what fills us...

Jaime on August 24, 2009 at 9:37 p.m. said...

Yup, finding a groove that works for you with your points will take some time...but you'll find it. Have faith! :)

Try scrolling WAY back on our blogs to find our old menus and such...that might help give you some ideas.

I lived on a ww pita spread with hummus and topped with chopped tomatoes and light feta for lunch for a long time. Loved that and still make it once in a while. Depending on the pitas you get...you can do it for 5 points.

Also, fat free yogurt with strawberries and original All Bran. 2-4 points for breakfast depending on your yogurt.