Thursday, December 31, 2009

Learning to Run!

Original Post: http://sweettoothblog.wordpress.com/2009/11/12/learning-to-run/

While many had the day off to recognize Remembrance Day/Veterans Day – I was at work.  I quietly observed my own moment of silence at 11am.  To all of the heroes who have served/are serving for our country and our families – we thank you.

Today my WW progress was pretty on par.  By the end of the night I still had 1/2 a point remaining.  Nice!  It is definitely coming down to my lunches it seems.  My lean cuisine’s aren’t too high in points but when you compare them to a salad (which is what I had today) it definitely makes a difference.

Breakfast: 6.5 Points

  • Raisin Bran (3) + Milk (2) = 5 Points
  • Coffee w/ Cream + sugar = 1.5 Points

Snack: 2 Points

  • 1 Cup Pomegranates – 1 Point
  • 1/2 Medium Banana – 1 Point

Lunch: 3 Points

  • Yummy Spinach salad w/ cucumbers, cherry tomatoes & 1 slice of laughing cow cheese – 2 Points
  • 1 Serving Kraft Olive Oil Vinaigrette – 1 Point

Snack: 1.5 Points

Supper: 4.5 Points

  • Asparagus – 0 Points
  • Sliced beets – 0 Points
  • 1 Serving Chicken Breast – 3 Points
  • 1 Serving Campbells Soup – 1 Point
  • 1 Cup Chopped Peppers – 0.5 Points
  • 3 Tsp Honey Mustard – 0.5 Points

Snack : 3.5 Points

  • 1 Cup Pomegranates – 1 Point
  • 1/4 Molasses Cookie – 0.5 Points
  • Small amount of Dill pickle chips – 2 Points

Here’s a pic of yesterday’s Tomato & Mozzarella salad.  I know this sucker has a name, I just have no idea what it is called!

11-11

Tonight’s dinner was freaking amazing.  I ended up following one of the Campbell’s recipes on the side of a can but made some minor alterations.

I browned my chicken in a pan then added 1 Cup of chopped peppers (red/orange/yellow). 

I sautéed those for a while then added a can of cream of chicken soup with 1 Cup water. 

Added in 3 Tsp Honey mustard and let it all simmer for a while until the sauce thickened.

Mmmm mmm – delish!  The honey mustard was a nice addition!

My sides were a bit of asparagus and some beets.  I freaking love beets but for some reason I never buy any!  I am so glad I picked some up the last time I picked up groceries!

11-11-2

After dinner I had to bake some cakes for Dave’s grandmother’s 69th birthday.  I tried a new frosting which tastes pretty good to me, so hopefully it works in the cake!

I was feeling adventurous (and envious of all of the Haliblogger’s talks of running) so I went down to my mini gym at home to go on the treadmill.

Call me weird but here’s how it went:

Dave took me down to the gym.  As soon as the elevator door opened and I saw the gym light on which meant someone was in there.  Immediately, I changed my mind and came back home.

See.. My gym is teeny weeny – and I have a thing about being in a closed area with a stranger… not sure why but it’s just a thing I have!  There is no way I could exercise in my home gym if someone else was in there.  That’s just weird me! :)

Luckily I still felt adventurous, so about an hour later I went back down and low and behold the light was off so I was clear to go!

Ok peeps – I do not run.  At all.  I had to take it easy so here’s what I did for 20min.

2minutes walk – 1 minute run.

It ended up being 1.5 miles which was pretty hectic for my noobie  (<--I just wrote boobie there) self!

All in all I am pretty happy that I did it.  Hopefully I can turn this into some sort of routine so I don’t end up passing out during our Santa Shuffle in December!

Earlier today I considered moving back to Blogger.  Wordpress is nice and all but I really like playing around with Themes etc and I am restricted in a lot that I want to do in terms of editing.  Poopy.  I think I may move back to Blogger, but I want to redo the site and make it all purrdy first.  :)

Anyway, Off to catch up on some blogs and I’ll be laptop-less since Dave is installing Windows 7.

:)

 

0 comments: