Thursday, December 31, 2009

Recipes to enjoy!

Original Post: http://sweettoothblog.wordpress.com/2009/11/16/recipes-to-enjoy/

Alrighty, so first things first I want to thank you all for the kind words after Friday’s WI post!  I didn’t think I’d see that loss since I was having so many struggles with my food, however I did manage to hit the gym a few times so I am sure that played into it!  Here’s hoping for the same thing this coming Friday!

Some of you have been asking for my pork chop recipe that I left as a cliffhanger on last post, well here it is!  I got this recipe from here but made some alterations during the way.  There is no thyme in my household so I improvised by using some random Epicure spices I came across in my cupboards.

Honey spiced pineapple pork chops

Ingredients:

4 tbsp honey
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp pineapple juice (can also use orange or lemon juice)
1 tsp mustard powder
1/4 tsp Herb & Garlic Epicure Spice
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4tsp 3 Onion Dip mix

Optional: Can of sliced pineapples

Directions: (pretty much the same as the original recipe)

1) Pour 4tbsp honey in a bowl.  This will be the base of the marinade.

IMG_2490

2) Add the pineapple juice, oil, herb & garlic spice, garlic powder, mustard powder, salt, & 3 onion dip mix & whisk until well blended and syrupy.

IMG_2491

3) “Fork” the pork chops to tenderize the meat and allow the marinade to seep into the meat.

4) Cover the chops with the marinade and sprinkle some pepper on top.  Let sit for about 5minutes while you warm the grill to med-high heat.

IMG_2492

5.5) If cooking pineapple, throw these on first as they take longer to brown. 

IMG_2493

5) Place the meat on.  It will sizzle!

IMG_2496

6) Flip the pork chops after 2-4 minutes and cook on the other side.  *note: do not go check the interwebs at this point – when you are grilling/cooking with honey.. it burns… fast!

7) Once the pork chops are thoroughly cooked, add some fresh herbs if desired.  Plate & enjoy!

IMG_2497

I don’t even like pork chops but these suckers were delicious!  We had the pork chops and pineapple with roasted potatoes and a side of beets.  :)

This weekend we celebrated farmgirl’s 30th birthday!  Here’s a pic of the Sex in the City cake I made for her!

IMG_2522x

The martini glass is a strawberry-champagne jello shot!

Strawberry Champagne Jello Shots:

1 package strawberry jello

2 cups boiling water

2 cups refrigerated champagne

Directions:

- Bring water to a boil

- mix 1 package jello mix in the water until completely dissolved

- add 2 cups champagne; mix

- Pour the mix into little disposable cups or a tray or whatever type of serving dish/glass you want.  Refrigerate for at least 4hrs. (I recommend making these at least the day before!)

This was the champagne I used.  It was new on the shelves so I gave it a go.  Definitely a 2 thumbs up! mmmmm!

IMG_2514

Tonight for dinner I made curried cauliflower soup and homemade rolls thanks to Lynn’s delicious recipes!  I altered the rolls only slightly by adding 2 cups of whole wheat flour instead of all white. 

Soooo good!

I had planned on going to Costco today to pick up some grub and a running shirt.  Unfortunately I need to renew my membership and this month the budget just doesn’t allow for it :( 

Tomorrow is gym day so I’ll be hitting the Gym to go to the Fit Kick class again.  It was SO much fun (and hard) last time but I am ready to kick some butt again!

Off to catch up on a weekend’s worth of blog posts!

Have a great start to the new week – and make good choices!  :)

0 comments: