Thursday, December 31, 2009

My love for Hoisin!

Original Post: http://sweettoothblog.wordpress.com/2009/11/19/my-love-for-hoisin/

Phew! Finally I get to sit on my arse at home for a while!  It’s easy to tell when I’ve been a busy bee – the DVR is at 60%+ full!  That never (rarely) happens!  With work + gym + regular errands it feels like I am never at home.  Don’t get me wrong, busy is good, but I need downtime!

And here it is! Mmmmmmm

Tonight we had a late dinner because of some errands Dave & I had to run after work.  While he worked on our budget (cash only budget is pretty crazy folks – keeping track of every single penny spent is tedious but I know it’ll be rewarding very soon!) I cooked us up some shrimp and a couple salmon fillets glazed with a bit of EVOO & some Presidents Choice Honey Hoisin sauce.  mmm!

IMG_2539 IMG_2534

I was introduced to Hoisin sauce almost 15 years ago when I was introduced to Phở.

Phở  is probably my favorite dish of all time!! I LOVE Vietnamese food.  Love, love, love it!  Hoisin sauce is used to flavor the delicious broth.  mmm.  This Honey Hoisin was a nice spin on the traditional sauce.

For the side I had a LOT of veg!  My biggest pan was used to stir-fry some broccoli, cauliflower and bok choi together and it barely fit!

The veg was seasoned with some Epicure minced garlic, a few splashes of soy sauce and a squirt of fresh lemon juice.  Dave said, “I don’t know what you did but this is a vegetable I can eat a LOT of!”  Thumbs up!

IMG_2531

This dish was quick, easy and delicious! 

Sooo, after having a few discussions with some people at work I have decided to sell Epicure.  I purchased the start up kit almost a year ago and have done nothing with it (except enjoy the delicious spices!).  Not too long ago I said I was going to start selling it, but seriously what the heck have I been waiting for?!? Listen up folks… December 1st the Epicure order is being placed!  If you want to order something visit the website and email me what you want or if you are local I can give you a catalog!

I will not be hosting parties right now – possibly that’ll be something I do down the road, but not at this time.  Take a peek online and get your Christmas shopping started! :)  (FYI - I did check online and if I place the order on the 1st, it is scheduled to arrive Dec 14th.)

0 comments: