Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Red Bush Fail

First Zumba of 2010 is in… Hurray!  Seriously folks – I am loving this class!  I’d been on hiatus from the gym for the past few weeks due to the holidays (it is my excuse… yes) so I missed out on a few classes but was happy to get back to it!  In yesterday’s class we also split the class and did Zumba battles.

FUN!

Love, love, love it!  Starting this new year it seems there are more classes offered at Nubody’s so there are MORE options – instead of only being able to go Tuesday nights at 6:30 at Goodlife.  It’s so busy that you have to get there early and line up.  Yikes!

I was finally able to try out my new shoes which worked out great.  I *did* get a few blisters, but it’s to be expected with new kicks.  The shoes are great – super comfy!

After Zumba, farmgirl and I wanted to get a bit of a run in but low and behold there were NO treadmills.  Instead we did about 15mins on the bikes.  I think our run is going to be postponed until tomorrow night. 

After leaving the gym is when a series of unfortunate events occurred.

Ok – maybe not a series… but 2 unfortunate events!

I was super hungry but did not feel like making anything so I decided to head out to Booster Juice to get a protein packed smoothie.  Well…. we arrived at 8:50 and they had the doors locked.  The girls were inside but just looked at us and made the motion of, ‘sorry, we’re closed.’

Umm… what?? It wasn’t 9pm yet!  If your sign says you are open until 9, you best stay open until 9… especially when a refuel is needed after an action packed gym session.   Jeepers!  Unimpressed!

Instead I decided to go to Starbucks to get a tea.  I head down there, order my African Red Bush tea but apparently they are phasing it out.  Instead they got me to try Vanilla Roobios which I wasn’t completely sold on but I tried it anyway.  Vanilla flavored stuff doesn’t toot my whistle but I figured why not try something new.

Nah – not for me.  If you are a vanilla fan, this could be for you, but I just couldn’t drink it.  :(  The first part of the sip tasted good, then the aftertaste was awful and unbearable for me. 

It looks like African Red Bush was available for purchase online, but it is showing out of stock.  I hope they restock this flavor because it is definitely a favorite!

What is your favorite tea?

 

5 comments:

Angela Power on January 7, 2010 at 9:18 a.m. said...

What a bunch of lazy BUGGERS closing up the shop EARLY!!! NOT.COOL!

I've never tried that tea, but BOOOOOO that sucks when something you love gets discontinued :-(

Glad you guys enjoyed Zumba. I'll have to get my arse back there next week!

Christine on January 7, 2010 at 12:21 p.m. said...

Sorry hunn but they won't be restocking it. They are phasing it out completely and replacing it with that vanilla roibos. I have been stocking up on boxes of African Red Bush. I have like 5 at home I think. Mom said you can get them on Amazon.

Julia on January 7, 2010 at 12:56 p.m. said...

Zumba huh. . . I'll have to look into it.

I am not a big tea drinker but I love vanilla so perhaps I will give the Starbucks tea a whirl (even though you are not a fan). lol

:)

Julia
http://jewliagoulia.blogspot.com

Jen on January 8, 2010 at 12:13 p.m. said...

You are making me more and more excited for Zumba!!! I can't wait for my class (it starts Monday!)

My favorite tea is Passion tea...but I dont love it hot as much as I love it cold...but it'll do!!

Anonymous said...

haha *red bush*