Monday, January 18, 2010

Numa Numa Fun!

Another weekend has come & gone.  My weekend was pretty laid back.  Went for dinner at the in-laws (spaghetti) on Saturday then went to see Avatar on Sunday.

We didn’t go see Avatar in the IMAX which is fine with me.  It’d be the same, except a larger screen and better audio.  I still enjoyed the movie.  It didn’t have the WOW factor for me – but I think it could have, had I not looked at all of the tweets, reviews online etc.  Definitely something everyone should go watch though!

Before heading out to the inlaws on Saturday something came over me and I decided I better get a run in.  (This NEVER happens for me!)  I tested out my home gym… I even went down by MYSELF (read here for a bit of info on my fear of home gyms…).  On the go for my run was 3mins running, 2 mins walking for 7x – including a 5 min warm up & 5 min cool down.

I ended up running 4.6kms which was GREAT for me!  I was really a hard run for me to do.  I don’t care how wimpy this sounds but the 3 min runs were HARD for me.  Physically it didn’t hurt to run but it was really hard to breathe!  Hopefully my endurance gets better and I can do longer runs without feeling like I’m going to pass out!

Today I read Fitnessista’s post and decided to do her Winter Shape Up workout tonight.  I ended up doing the beginner’s workout but I still broke some serious sweat and got a nice workout in.

I didn’t feel like going down to the home gym so I did it in my apartment and poor Dave had to see it in action.  I had to liven the 5min warmup jog up a bit so I ran laps back and forth in my house but that got boring so I decided to do some dance moves since I was listening to a really groovy song.

Unfortunately, Dave said I reminded him of this: 

numa_article_wolk

Ahh well! LOL!  It was all fun!  Dancing is a GREAT way to get some cardio in – no matter how silly you look!

Hope everyone has a great night! :)

6 comments:

Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) on January 18, 2010 at 10:34 p.m. said...

Bwahaha! I love the Numa Numa guy.

Jen on January 19, 2010 at 3:49 a.m. said...

I LOVE having an impromptu dance party - I would bet you look hot!!!

I always booty shake Danny into a corner and do weird "in your face" dance moves...I am weird...

And now i want to dance with you!!!

That's totally not the point of this post!!
I think it's AMAZING that you took advantage of the home gym! You are a rock star!!

miss you xoxox

Christine on January 19, 2010 at 10:26 a.m. said...

Wait........ you're not supposed to look like that when you dance? ;) lol

Tiff on January 19, 2010 at 10:37 a.m. said...

Good job getting in that run! I've been considering trying out the Fitnessista's workouts- you've convinced me!

Tiff

Anonymous said...

I HATE it when BF is home when I do a home-workout!! He always has to come and watch for a couple minutes and I feel so silly!! And then he cracks up because ... yeah I DO look silly. Ha.

Stephanie on February 5, 2010 at 1:08 p.m. said...

Loved Avatar, but sometimes when there is too much of a buildup, the actual movie can be a letdown.

BODA weight loss