Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Just do it

The end of each month always equals crazy, busy times for me so this day was quite a bit hectic.  Not to mention, I had a bunch of errands to run after work (one included picking up my new Lululemon hoodie – YAY!) so I wasn’t sure if I’d get my scheduled run in.

But I did.

I’ll admit I was thisclose to talking myself out of it – but the internal battle in my head went something like this:

- oohhh I’m sooo comfortable on the couch right now.

- There are a bunch of shows I could be watching.

- Hey – it’s only 8:30, the run is only 28 minutes today, why not?

- *sigh* Man… I am sooo cozy right now.

- Lex, if you don’t get up off your ass and do it then you’ve totally just messed up your schedule… and it’s ONLY DAY 2.

- Do I really want to run?

- Well, no…. but I don’t really have a good enough reason to NOT go so eff this… I’M GOING!

And off I went.  I did a nice and easy 2.69km on the treadmill.  It was fast, it was painless, and now it’s over.  And now I can say I did it!!

Seriously – it is SO easy for me to talk myself out of doing something… and for what?  To sit my big booty on the couch?  For real… that sickens me.

I did some more inclines today but mixed it up with inclines at 3 & 1.

Min Speed Incline
0-5 3.0 0
5-6 5.0 1
6-8 3.5 0
8-9 5.0 3
9-11 3.5 0
11-12 5.0 1
12-14 3.5 0
14-15 5.0 3
15-17 3.5 0
17-18 5.0 1
18-20 3.5 0
20-21 5.0 3
21-23 3.5 0
23-28 3.0 0

It wasn’t a crazy workout but I’m pretty proud of myself for actually doing it.  Admittedly, it’s easy to talk myself into the run because the runs are still “easy” at 1min a piece.  When I start getting into the 3min and 5min runs I don’t know if it’ll be that easy for me to just simply get up and go. 

Now I have 2 days checked off on my schedule.

run

The Bluenose is only a short ways away and I have just under 8 weeks of training left.  That’s at least 22 more runs for me to go before the big day.

I will do this.  You heard it here, folks!

Oh – and here’s my new Lululemon purchase.  It’s the Stride II Jacket in passion/ heathered coal.  It’s much brighter than I thought but the color is growing on me (I’m not a pinky person lol).

IMG_3069

Apparently I was in a Hulk-ish kind of mood.  I was still ooey and gooey from my run, so please excuse the mess!

What do you do to keep yourself motivated and not take the ‘easy’ way out?

2 comments:

Jaime on March 31, 2010 at 11:55 p.m. said...

ha! That is exactly the stride jacket I was just talking about in our email!! too funny. :)

Good job gettin' er done girlie!!

Sarah on April 1, 2010 at 9:08 a.m. said...

You are right it is so easy to talk myself out of exercise, there is always something else that can be done, but good for you for sticking to your run!!

Nice jacket too!